1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

drinking problem of husband

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by srilaxmi, Oct 20, 2014.

1. srilaxmi

srilaxmi Silver IL'ite

hi,

I have a problem with my husband drinking i did so many things to quit that habit, please let me know is there any sloka by chanting it daily my problem gets solved please help me

2. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

Consulting a rehabilitation centre might help. Saloka and all is good but I do not think it will cure this problem. It needs proper attention with his own will. So better get in touch with a rehabilitation centre.

3. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

Only if slokas could cure that obnoxious drunkards.

2 people like this.
  4. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

I suggest you take your DH to a de-addiction centre. I feel counselling sessions at these centres should help. There is one centre " alcoholics anonymous" and they have division at Hyderabad also. You can get the address from net, incase you r interested.

All the best

5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I am sorry, I didnt understand the question. "You" have a problem with him drinking or he has a drinking problem (like addiction)?

2 people like this.
  6. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

If he has a drinking problem, get his family involved and get him treatment. No time for any kind of sympathy, and you will not earn any points for this, but you need to stay strong.

1 person likes this.
  7. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Is he an alcoholic - as in, does he drink excessively everyday? Or is he a social drinker - drinking occasionally with friends, rarely exceeding the limit?

If it is the former, you need to make sure you don't enable - or make it easy for - him. Eg. Don't hide it from his family; pour away any drink at home; etc. there is not much you can do until he himself realizes he is throwing his life away and commits to changing for the better. And as other posters above had said, AA will be very helpful. There are also support groups and forums online for families of alcoholics. You will find those extremely useful; you will be able to meet other people who have been through the very same issue you've been facing.

On the other hand, if it is the latter, you just need to chill.

8. sacredbell

sacredbell Silver IL'ite

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  9. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

I had heard about one of my acquaintances who has a drinking problem wears the sabarimala maala and as long as he wears it, he remains sober !! Then he visits sabarimala and on returning, he binges on drinks and then again within 10 days he is back to wearing the maala and sober !!!

The cycle goes on - I dont know what his wife thinks of this because she would have to cook separately after her bath and he has to sleep on floor and speak only truth and not get angry and follow what not rules of celibacy, but I'm sure she prefers him sober to drunk !!!

This is not spirituality but desperation - but then there are so many ways to reach God :)

10. kanthtx

kanthtx Gold IL'ite

get him proper treat ment at doctors office or additcion centers...no pujas or babas will treat the issue...