1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Drinking Hot water does not help in weight loss!!!

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Sunshine123, Feb 9, 2009.

1. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

HI,

i travel a lot was in Japan, Korea, Europe and Africa. In Korea i used to drink the miso soup what was it made of water and other ingredients mixed together and boiled to getehr, so you see you are drinking hot water.
    In Europe i used to leave on pasta being a vegetarian but i never put on weight and i ued to drink sparkling water it is carbonated water i used to consume 2 litres of it everyday, i never put on weight.
    In japan i used to have lots of green tea everyday.
    Coming to the genes, my paternal side of the family bone structre is good we have heavy bones but lean and slim body, my paternal cousin gave birth to 3 kids is 38 but look like a kid she is so slim but can eat food like a pig and never put on weight she eats all junk food, BUT she drinks lots of hot water.she can fil into her old clothes , i too can fit into my favourite trouser that i bought 5yrs back
    i am slim and my face does not show my age all this is thanks to hot water i have been drinking for a long time. Also as you say lookingafter diet and exercisingalso helps so water alone does not help but it helps to detox your body and flush out all the toxins

i do not disagree with you but i and many people in iL and other outside IL whom i know have benefitted from drinking hot water

have a great day
    love
    alpa:cheers

2. Sunshine123

Sunshine123 New IL'ite

Thanks Alpa for sharing your personal experiences.

So, to just summarise all of it

1. Drinking Cold water helps you burn calories (Scientifically proven)
    2. Drinking water (room temp) has multiple benefits - Flushes out toxins, increases metabolism.....etc
    3. Drinking Hot water (3litres) through out the day - apart from the benefits that would derive from pt 2...........No other special benefits, like weight loss (No scientific proof........only assumptions and experiences!!)

So........ladies its your choice........if you want to go ahead and take the trouble of heating the water.......storing it in a flask and keep drinking it through out the day....its up to you.....believe me you are just following assumptions here.

In case you are a person (like me) who would go with science and proof....then i would say go for Cold Water....

.......The choice is yours.....

Cheers and all the best in your weight loss journey!!

(P.S. - I am ending the thread here!!)

3. laksn

laksn Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Do I believe drinking hot water helps in weight reduction- strict No. I know lots of people who went through WL programs and drank cold water( including my DH). They did lose lots of weight. However, I prefer drinking hot water as I cannot gulp down more than 2 cups of cold water. I feel hot water is more soothing and makes me feel lighter especially after a heavy meal! As long as we get 2-3 litres of water a day, I think we should be good. The rest would be personal preference, based on what would work for us. As for me, I have a long way to go...I still cannot drink more than 4 cups of water a day, a big hurdle in my weight loss efforts:(....

I saw a program on Sun TV a few months ago. There was a doc who was talking about the benefits of drinking hot water..saying it helps to lower cholestrol...

Cheers,
    L

4. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

My dear friends

Normally i used to drink minimum 5 lts of water, but nev er hot, i hate to drink hotwater, even at the time of fever or cold, but but NOW......i have started drinking HOTTTTTT WATER after my diet........

Friends, eagerly expecting for weight loss........ofcourse , my part of exercise is WALKING 5 days a week - atleast 7 kms

5. Sunshine123

Sunshine123 New IL'ite

oops.......sorry guys but couldn't stop myself from replying

Dear Latamurali and Laksn

I agree with both of you..........The bottom line is drinking water is essential.....

But if you want to drink hot water, drink it for the right reasons.............my only objection and concern was with people drinking Hot water with an intention of losing weight!!........which does not have any evidence.

Lata.........if you are walking regularly and eating sensibly.......that in itself should make you drop those pounds, you dont need to force yourself to drink hot water..henceforth!!

Cheers

6. swarnalakshmin

swarnalakshmin Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I am not sure about this, but I heard it from an Ayurvedic Dr here at Chennai.
    I met her to get some ayurvedic medicine for weight loss. What she said is
    "You have medicine or not, but walk for 20-30 min daily, have 1 tender cocunut daily and drink lot of water whether its hot or cold is not a problem. When you are in diet, the fats/cholestrol, etc will get dispersed inside your body. At that time, when you have water, the unwanted dispersed things inside body will be collected by kidneys and will come outside your body"

So its better to drink lots of water during diet.

7. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear Swarnalakshmi

Oh!! thank you dear for your fb

Actually to reduce my body heat and its side effects, i am drinking TENDER COCONUT every alternative day( ofcourse without knowing the reason specified by you).......OH THANK GOD

and one of our IL friend told me that, she lost weight due to DRINKING HOT WATER AFTER FOOD" , so i too started this and now your fb gives moral support to me....

Moreover i feel thinking POSITIVLEY MAY ALSO HELP ME TO REDUCE WEIGHT .

Let me hope for the positive result

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  8. Sunshine123

Sunshine123 New IL'ite

Thanks Swarna for your views. Drinking water is definetly the best. No two doubts about it..........and i dont think anybody will ever dispute this!

And Lata, whether ' Drinking Hot water after food reduces your weight' ....I am not sure.......I think enough has being said and discussed on this thread about the connection between Hot water and Weightloss.

I personally dont believe in this..........but if you are happy with it, go ahead!!

I personally have lost 20kgs of weight in over an year's time (after my son's birth...I was 72kgs and I am now 51kgs). My son is now 6yrs old and i am continuing to maintain my weight..........and i have not had any Hot water at all during my dieting phase. My diet Mantra was - Low carbs, High Protein food and Exercise!! and ofcourse loads of water (at room temp)

Cheers!

9. rose82

rose82 New IL'ite

i saw in some site that was run by a western gym instructor giving many tips such having hig protein diet etc..he said that drinking ice cold water helps in weight loss.not sure about anything in detail...

10. Sunshine123

Sunshine123 New IL'ite

Hi rose82

Yes, drinking ice cold water does help you burn calories and lose weight...pls refer to my earlier posts for the theory behind that.

This is a scientifically proven fact, as opposed to the claim that drinking Hot water makes you lose weight........which is more of an assumption by some people and has no logic or theory behind it!!

Cheers!