1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

drinking habit is good or bad??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by BuviVishal, Feb 1, 2015.

1. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

That's another myth. I have lived in Japan and in Canada.. and the family bonding is as strong as ours, if not less.. For ex: Mother's day in USA sees the highest call volumes of the year !!!

West has decadent family life is a myth perpetuated by Hollywood..

Now coming to that drunk fellow, the blame squarely lies on his parents.. if his parents taught him to "drink responsibly', that fellow wouldn't have been in that pathetic situation..

2 people like this.
  2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Indian papers are full of horrible news of people killing family members for money and property....kidnapping own nieces and nephews for ransom...children abusing parents for money and property,inlaws killing dils for dowry .....brothers fighting over inheritance .....still we are the only ones with family bonding.

5 people like this.
  3. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

pl. read this is the survey from NACOA ( National Association for Children of Alcoholics)

Alcoholism and other drug addiction have geneticand environmental causes. Both have seriousconsequences for children who live in homeswhere parents are involved. More than 28 millionAmericans are children of alcoholics; nearly 11million are under the age of 18. This figure ismagnified by the countless number of others whoare affected by parents who are impaired by otherpsychoactive drugs.

New from IBN:
    An estimated 7.5 crore Indians are drug addicts and the number is going up significantly, spreading to semi-urban and backward areas, according to official figures."Drug and alcohol abuse is becoming an area of concern as this is increasing while traditional moorings, social taboos, emphasis on self-restraint and pervasive control and discipline of the joint family and community are eroding", senior officials of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment said.
    As per the National Survey on Extent, Pattern and Trends of Drug abuse in India conducted by the Centre in collaboration with United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, the current prevalence rates within the age group of 12-18 years was Alcohol (21.4 per cent), Cannabis (three), Opiates (0.7) and any illicit drug (3.6 per cent).
    A Poor girl is asking as like this who is having answer ??

Hello sir, I am Arti staying in Vasai (Mumbai) looking for help for my father and brother. My father is having bad habit of drinks and gambling. We have lost everything. Even he have taken loan from 2 banks and not paid single rupee. My brother is 24 yrs old. He is drug addicts and also drunker. We have kept him on rehabilitation center and paid around 40 thousand, but coming out from there he started again that thing. Now we really dont know what to do?, pls help me. We need to know any free govt. rehab center for both of them

1 person likes this.
  4. Sahana1

Sahana1 New IL'ite

Drinking is not certainly good
    What is the doubt?
    But if your husband likes to drink,he can drink on alternately like once a month
    Over drinking is not good for health
    Regards,
    Sahana

1 person likes this.
  5. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

He has progressed from drinking occasionally to drinking weekly and is asking you to go to someone else's house to continue drinking . That means he values his drink more than you . All red signs .

also looks like he got a company of a friend who also enjoys drinking, so added incentive.

you can never predict how this weekly thing will turn into daily and then addiction.

If you are not happy with it, please be very clear about it it and set limits .

also check if is he very bored on weekends and that is why he is drinking with company to pass time, then make some plans and get away from home so he is doing something else instead of spending time drinking.

3 people like this.
  6. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

not someone else's house. his friend's house only- while he and his friend are making merry..... .. .. ....But the idea is good. .. :D

7. AruljothiD

AruljothiD Silver IL'ite

When Drinking itself becomes a Habit its bad..

1 person likes this.
  8. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

It is still someone's house .Also he is his freind may not be her friend.

9. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

Not good. Cut that friend's connection, he seems to be leading your DH into the wrong path.

As someone pointed out, find the root cause. Was it merely due to boredom, stress at work, or disappointment?

We do get visitors from India on business during the summer. I am surprised to see that some of these fellows are regular drinkers at their house from TN. These men are high ranking professionals who came from average/middle class families. I wonder, when alcohol became a household drink in TN?

I refused to host dinners at home for those guys and request my DH to entertain the "gems" outside. Next time, they do not come to my house or stay themselves in a hotel and meet with my DH. I felt bad at the beginning and after seeing, more and more of them, I no longer feel bad.

This how it starts, buying for a friend, entertaining a friend at home, leftovers, and then, it gets a permanent spot in the kitchen cabinet/fridge.

-- Just my personal view, I am sorry if I hurt anyone's feeling on this subject.

3 people like this.
  10. NirmalaGoofy

NirmalaGoofy Gold IL'ite

In foreign countries everybody drinks and the percentage of people lying on road like the above pic is very very less compared to India where drinking is considered as evil. Moderation is the key and you can drink a beer or wine for calming down or fun. As long as the person knows his limits he should be fine.

1 person likes this.