1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dressings of some girls who come to temples

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by passionate89, Jan 6, 2012.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Yep very well it can be.But i think it's practically impossible.

2. zingy

zingy Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

I rarely go to temple but when I do go to temple I dont care who or who wears what .
    There are many days I have worn Jeans , skirt etc . Only thing I make sure is what I wear is comfortable for me. IMO HE knows what i wear and how i dress why should I wear something when I go to his abode.

For the fickle minded people it doesn't matter what one is wearing or where one is.

In my grandmom's village salwar/kameez is not considered appropriate even though it covers everything better than saree. saree is worn with blouses with window,door even backless same way Salwar is worn in diffrent fittimg starting from skin fitting , fugure hugging etc . What is normal for me could be uncomfortable fit for somebody so it is no point argueing about acceptable clothes. This is just my opinion.

If there is hairfall issue with the person there will be loose hairs regardless the person is guy or gal.
    Even in ladies all hairstyles except for updo there is chance of hairfall only the intensity will vary.

And when we take kids to temple it is our duty to make them wash hands and legs and
    Teaching to see and eat what they are eating is always a good habit regardless you are in temple ,hotel or at home

1 person likes this.
  3. fijindian

fijindian New IL'ite

God does not judge ones color or race or even what they wear.
    So who are we to judge?
    Let people be comfortable and stop judging others.
    Get over it.

Written by the the true Fiji Indian Blood line.

4. Serene23

Serene23 Senior IL'ite

@amunique, passionate
    Kids are exposed and more intelligent than we think. They see what is happening not only in the temple but ouside too.
    You are absolutely right about the loose hair IF you talk about it in terms of cleanliness AND for men and women. There are many good practices in our temples that when understood is very scientific and logical. And loose hair in any food is disgusting - it need not be prasad.
    But when these apply ONLY to women - thats when there is a problem - why not men? why not 'no jeans' for men. If you come to think about it, pant and shirt are very much a western concept. Why do men freely wear that everywhere? Why not stress that they should wear only dhotis?
    Divine is one amongst us but a temple is a special place. Its a place for purity of thoughts, no discrimination and peace. Its a place for everyone to access god. Have we kept it that way?

2 people like this.