1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dressings of some girls who come to temples

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by passionate89, Jan 6, 2012.

1. passionate89

passionate89 Platinum IL'ite

I just wanted to share what I saw in temple yesterday.

It was bitter feeling for me to see girls in temple with free hairs, sleeveless tops and capris. These girls spoil our Indian culture's name... People come to temple like going for parties. What is the necessity for them to dress up to temple like that :-0

Iskcon temples usually do not allow girls to who come in jean. I think this must be strictly followed in all the temples..

What do you think about these girls having bad dressing etiquette when going to temples? Please share your views and ideas.

2. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Pls be happy that they are visiting the temples!! :)

3. passionate89

Public discipline is very important as you said.. But also dressing is important..

There are many reasons being told for not letting hairs free when going to temples.. More over why will the guys not disturbed in temples when they come like that...

I feel its better that people like them dont come to temples at all rather than not behaving well in public

4. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

Yeah u r true passionate....some girls dresses are really stupid low hip, shorts, minis, atleast while coming to temple should wear decent dress in some temples they dont allow but this has to be restricted in every temple.

5. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

I agree with dviswa public discipline is must not only girls and boys even buddas come for that while standing in que they are focibly push or fall on girls.

1 person likes this.
  6. passionate89

Exactly Anu, these buddas just wait for a chance.. When they fall on girls, they keep quiet they don't react immediately they get scared as it is public and shut their mouth and go!! Till girls keep quiet these kind of nonsense will never stop

7. sheztheone

sheztheone Platinum IL'ite

First of all, I do not understand why one should look at others while going to a temple. Are we not there to look at the deity and pray? ;-)

It is different if the temple authorities have a dress code and people do not follow it. But God has no dress code for those who are there to pray. And no one has the right to make a judgment about another person's dressing and character by just looking. Not all saree/dhoti-clad people are Buddhas and not all sleeveless/jeans-clad people are "loose."

If guys cannot help staring how is it the fault of the girls? If a guy has truly come to pray and has some self-restraint he should not stare. If such guys go to another country where there are skimpily clad girls in public, will they take the opportunity to "fall on them?" (keep in mind the stricter laws in those countries) When they can behave there why do they find it difficult to behave in temples?

One's devotion and relationship with God is between them and God; what they choose to wear while praying is their business (barring places where there is a stipulated dress code).

11 people like this.
  8. Serene23

Serene23 Senior IL'ite

In a divine place, when you go to pray, why should we look /think at anything but the divine? When you seek peace of mind - we should try to do that rather than get distracted or judge others unnecessarily.

What is this concept of restricting type of clothes only for women? then jeans/ without-shirt for men should be equally banned. Each person has a different criteria for acceptability.
    Leaving hair is a person's choice - if you go to North India, there is no issue in leaving hair nor in covering it with a cloth - it is just a matter of perspective - God does not prescribe anything but to submit yourself wholeheartedly to him.

I understand the public display of affection might make you uncomfortable. It being right/wrong is not the question. It is still not in vogue in India especially in Temples.

9. zingy

zingy Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

:thumbsup .......

10. mickeymini

mickeymini Gold IL'ite

Well said. It is correct.