1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dresses from Sarees

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by satchitananda, May 8, 2011.

1. curlytweethere

curlytweethere Platinum IL'ite

hey, even i used to wear chudidars stitched out of my mom's sarees :) and used to get so many compliments for them...there some one point where if we had to get a new dress we would actually look for a saree and then stitch a chudidhar from that :)

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Padmini,

Thanks a lot for the lovely feedback. Am glad you liked the idea. Are you going to follow "suit"? :)

3. satchitananda

Shanta,

That is a lovely dress. And I loved the idea of getting a little jacket made of the pallu. How old is your daughter?

4. satchitananda

Hi Curlytweet,

It's such a coincidence that we both do the same thing. These days, whenever I see a saree in the shop, my first thought is whether it would look good as a dress. :):):)

5. satchitananda

Friends,

This is a gentle reminder to all of you that using SMS/Chat style of writing is against forum etiquette and so is writing in a regional language. Not everyone will be able to understand SMS/Chat style of writing and hence you are requested to stick to full spellings while writing. So too, since people visiting the site come from different places, they may not be able to understand the regional language. So kindly write in English, so everyone will be able to appreciate your point of view. Regional language is allowed only on specific forums meant for the purpose.

Thanking you and seeking your cooperation,

1 person likes this.
  6. sritas

sritas Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks you, Satchi, my daughter is 25 years now.

Regards
    Shanta

7. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Very good design I too often get some of the sarees stictched into salwar kameez...Your thread encourages ones like me to explore new ideas Thanks Satchi you are an all rounder....

8. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Satchi ....

I had even stitched long frocks from sarees when i was going to school ...

People never used to know that it was stitched from a saree .....Thanks to my tailor aunty who used to stitch such nice dress for me....

I have even converted my mom's and granie's sarees into salwars and wear it as a new dress:)

We are also planning to stich a frock for our LO's at home with my Mom's saree :idea

9. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Very good thread, Satchi. I have a couple of sarees which I have been planning to convert to salwar-kameez. But have been postponing as I lack proper idea!

And you came up in the right time! I liked the color and pattern of your dress. Very nice!

10. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

My sister did that a lot out my mother's sarees. As i generally buy only the ready made ones (as we get it according to our size - actually its the laziness to go the tailor and get it stitched. moreover, don't want to risk as i had bad experiences earlier) her beautiful sarees are saved from the double torture. ha.ah..ha..

Your dress and the idea of placing the different works in apt places is very nice. [​IMG][​IMG]