1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dreary Dreams

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by aarthi28, May 30, 2016.

1. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Hi @creativemumma (pls tell me ur name)
    Thanks for ur comments and such comments Boost us to write more and be cautious in our writing. I am glad that u remembered my first story too and the difference you quoted between them. I am also happy that like you many of the readers miss the three couples and happy that their characters stay in their minds. Thanks again

creativemumma likes this.
  2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

@aarthi28 first of all, congratulations on completing your beautiful story. I loved it; I am glad to start it late as I finished the story from start to end in a weeks time. Since you asked for feedback, I am giving you mine. I hope you take it the positive way.

Anu: This is the character that I felt to be very strong, independent and also very lively. I loved everything about Anu and she is my favorite of all. She displayed her strength in character for standing up to her daughter in saying no to Abhi when he proposed an alliance from his family side. While she always respected his family, inspite of not being treated well by them, she still knew her limits. She fought with Abhi (and the world) when it came to Anu.
    She displayed her softness when she opened her heart and home to accommodate Sushma.

room for improvement: While she brought her daughter up well, the whole story depicted her like a woman who goes to work, comes home, takes tuition, take care of kitchen work and still has to make coffee for her daughter when she comes home. I felt the Anu I knew would expect Rathi to help her out. It felt like Rathi is oblivious to her mom's very busy day and was not at all helpful.

Mithu and Madhan: I loved this pair. I felt they genuinely loved each other and you were able to bring out the best in them in various circumstances. I loved it how you mentioned about Madhan crying when Mithu meets with an accident. Its OK for men to breakdown, they dont have to be strong all the time like we expect them to be. You made that point very well. I also loved how they both were dedicated to each other and keep checking messages all the time to see if the other sent messages. I love how you described their kisses, their longing and finally their happiness when they got married.
    Room for improvement: I think Madhan and Mithu dearly loved their friends (Rahul and Rathi). I would have expected them to share the truth about their love with them instead of letting things sort themselves out. I dnt find that to be natural. Mithu and Rathi were soul mates (I have one friend who is my soulmate and I know I would have told her about Rahul). I wouldnt have let Rathi in the dark for that long.

Rathi: Her character developed beautifully from episode 1 to the last. From being shy, angry and an introvert to a loving, open and beautiful person that she truly is was brought out slowly.
    But I felt the whole story is about her and Rahul and the story ended in a hurry. There wasnt enough about Rathi and Rahul and their acquaintance. I anticipated their first expression of love for so long that I think I expected fireworks and lightning when they accepted and confessed their love for each other.
    The Rathi I have seen grow would have taken a flight to Hyderebad, call Rahul, go and tell him how she feels about him. She left it to chance...that hope of bumping into someone in a big city like hyderabad...she took a big chance. I felt you could have built more strength intoher personality....like you did with Anu.

I loved how you slowly made her accept dad and also Rahul. That stubborn girl finally saw the point in forgiveness and moving forward and you brought that out very beautifully in her.

sorry, got to go. i need to leave now but will finish later.
    i loved your story

Bhoonzee, creativemumma and aarthi28 like this.
  3. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Arathi!

Congratulations on completing story. :grinning:

But I am sad that I won't be able to meet my R couple now.:disappointed:

Last episode was super duper. But I wanted some more love scenes of my R couple. :D:D So Greedy of me :tearsofjoy:

Can you ad one more romantic episode on them like Rahul returns from his training & their marriage .. Just asking.:blush::blush:

I would even love to read a sequel of this story.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

aarthi28 and peddadas like this.
  4. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Dear @Rakhii

Thanks for such a lengthy and analysed feedback of my story and my characters. I was jumping in joy to look at your feedback with my mouth opened wide showing my teeth and my son was teasing me for my action.
    I owe the responsibility to give my answers for your thoughts provided.

On Anu : I Admit your point and definitely, but we had instances where Rathi helps her on all household works. She let Rathi to understand things on her own rather than teaching her as it was how she came put of everything but a constant pull from Anu was there but for her rathi's attitude to be stubborn and changed with the love she had for her mom.

On M Couple : Yeah a nice couple. I agree that they would have revealed it to their friends. They wanted to do that but because of thier marriage, there was a delay which rathi overrun. They would not have definitely let their friends go as such.

I honestly admit that I urged to complete the story as I thought I don't want to leave a long break again. Though I saw ur comments in mobile, I wanted to send my detailed feedback for which I took this much time.

I have got a comments from another friend IL Writer to write a sequel. I am planning to do that . Though I have that in my mind too, Don't know how I would be able to materialize that in mid of my health and personal family condition.

Thanks again for that lovely feedback dear.

Rakhii likes this.
  5. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

HI @leenam05 dear,
    Thanks for a lovely feedback. As you said, I could not cover much on R couple.
    I am planning for a sequel. Don't know when I can, will try to come back sure.

6. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

I ready only this part and I am looking forward for it.

I hope you get all the things settled down soon !!

I wish you a very good luck !

aarthi28 likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

அம்மா கலசத்திற்கு ஏற்ற கதை என்று சொன்னார். நான் காலத்திற்கு ஏற்ற கதை என்று படித்தேன் . நன்றி.
    கடவுள் கலசத்திலும் இருப்பார்.

8. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Tx for your comments sir. Did u happen to read my story.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Thanks for your viewing my comments and desiring to know whether I had read your long serial story that contains beautiful characters set in modern ethos like college, IT Back-ground, elder generation et al.

2. I also read comments from your loyal followers from which it emerges your latent talent for writing is blooming well.
    3. I have some simple suggestions not about writing but about formatting.
    Immediately after typing out I am sure you would edit that page. At that time try out spacing paras - less crowded paras- not containing more than three or four sentences. If it is continuous dialogues with speech between inverted commas, short ones add to aesthetics and also easily readable.
    4. I would also suggest to have a glimpse and short study sharp look of other successful popular stalwarts writings for formatting in internet, in indusladies other sections and printed books for a while.
    You might like to read my serial story
    Getti Melam - Supraja - An Apple Of My Eye
    & the latest
    Son , Spouse & Rage Of Diesel

Wishing you Godspeed in your future endeavours
    Regards.
    God is glorified in formatted texts.

Last edited: May 6, 2019