1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dreary Dreams

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by aarthi28, May 30, 2016.

1. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Episode 56:

Rathi also reached the hospital and she wanted to see Mithu. Her face was red and tears broke out when she saw Mithu through the ICU Window Mirror in that shape. She was taken back by seeing her with so much supporting instruments around her and could not resist crying seeing her.

Rahul was able to see her change in emotions and do no what to do. Still, he wanted to help her out and came near her, “Rathi, come on. Please don’t cry. She will be alright soon and you should be near her now giving her confidence once she wakes up.”

Rathi could not stop crying further and unknowingly she fell on Rahul’s shoulder for a support because of the Jolt she got in seeing her.

Rahul continued, “Come on Rathi, I thought you are a brave girl. I am fed up with pacifying madhan till now and he is too childish and has not come out of the shock yet and I thought you would be helpful in handling the situation, ….. Plz… rathi… try to understand, things will change soon and we need to be patient ….”

Rathi realized the situation and found herself lying on his shoulders for a support and jerked a bit and moved aside. He saw Madhan sitting on the chair over there and his face was changed due to continuous crying and his clothes were shabby with Blood stains found in many places. She also saw Mahesh and Rajkumar near by and went towards them. They saw Rathi and Rajkumar couldnot utter a word to Rathi and started to control his tears.

They approached Madhan along with Rathi and pacified him, “ Madhan, we will be in hospital, you can go home, refresh and come back. I wish you should support us now rather than sitting like this. Come on Madhan, Please understand the situation ….!”

Madhan wiped off his tears and his eyes were found to be dried a lot. He continued, “ Uncle, I will be in hospital until she wakes up and then I will go home”

As being an accident case, Doctors visited her every hour to get an update. Mithu was on the other side had totally lost her consciousness. She was supported by many instruments for checking her BP and Pulse for every 30 Mts with appropriate machines, Oxygen tubes for breathing support, Bot her legs and Hands were tied with a massager that enlarges every thirty mminutes to provide support for her movement, and drains from the operated area for draining the bad bloods.

She has got swelling in many places and tube inserted till her stomach through her Nose, for removing any bad blood, saliva that might have been accidentally taken to her mouth. She was looking really in a bad shape for which who has already been close to her could not digest to see her in that shape.

Ranjani called Rajkumar to understand what is the problem as she is completely unaware of the accident scene at all. It became nearly 1 PM that she became upset due to Mithu not reached home and her Number was also not reachable and she complained to his husband. “Not sure where did she go and she never does like this. Her Mobile is also not reachable. I am bit hesitant to call Madhan and can you please call and check whether she has gone to meet him or so. I will try to Rathi too and she hung the call.” Immediately, Rathi's number rang and it was from ranjani to check for Mithu.

Rathi’s hands trembled to attend the phone and dono what to do while Rajkumar was aware that it was from Mithu’s mother. Mithu’s father understood and disconnected the line of rathi. Immediately, phone again rang for Rajkumar, “ Rathi is disconnecting the phone. Not sure what is the reason. Did u try to check with Madhan… Plz… am a bit worried about Mithu…”

Rajkumar could not stop crying and burst out to Ranjani, “Ranju… Ranju… Mithu met with an accident and am in hospital now.” All husbands could not resist with their wives it seems and when she called back again, he could not hide it from her.

Rajkumar continued with a Sobbing tone, “Don’t worry, she is out of danger ranju…. I will update you once she is awake…”

Ranjani was in shock, “ Come on what happened to Mithu… Tell me is she fine or are you hiding anything from me…..”, She yelled in shock which made Mithu’s sister Manju who was listening near by from her pulled her mobile while Ranjani sat on the bed paralysed.

Manju, “Appa, what happened to Mithu…? We both are in confusion. Which hospital, tell me we will come there soon.!”

Mahesh got the phone and explained Manju to be patient and explained the chain of incidents happened. He insisted that she is not supposed to come here due to infection and no one is allowed inside too. Ranjani was shaken and her health did not support due to delivery time and sat on the bed.

Mahesh yelled, “Manju, manju… are u there. Are you OK….. ?”

Manju some how managed and understood the situation. She said at any cost, they need to see Mithu and both mother and herselves will come to hospital.

Mahesh explained them the situation and he will definitely inform when she wakes up soon requested him to be patient and hung the call.

Ranjani could not resist crying as she was their younger and sweet daughter. She always use to be proud of Mithu for her calmness, politeness, Respect she show towards elders and was also happy on her choice of Madhan as she liked the Guy and the family very much. She felt as if her Eyes for her daughter has become a demon to her.

Ranjani immediately called Anu who is aware of the incidents. When Ranjani conveyed it, she reacted as if she does not know anything and then agreed that Rathi is also there in the hospital.

Anu was just back from her training that morning after Rathi called her and left to Hospital. On request for her friend, she came to her house to take care of Manju as she could not be left alone due to her final month of delivery date. Once Anu came, Manju left to the Hospital.

On the hospital front after 3 to 4 hrs have passed by, Mithu was slowly gaining consciousness and started to shake her hands and legs. Though it was painful, she wanted to open her eyes too. Doctors immediately rushed to her and pacified her that she is fine. “ Mithula, Mithula….”

Mithu reacted in a shaky tone as Yes which acknowledged her Memory and Dr continued, “Madam, you will be fine soon and we need your co operation in coming back to normal soon…” for which she acknowledged understanding the situation.

Doctor advised that only one care taker can be seen and her father alone was allowed inside first. Madhan could not resist but with rahul’s control, he was patient.

Rajkumar looked at the bad shape and her swollen face with red patches here and there and could not resist crying. Some how, he made his mind and said Mithu , “You will be fine dear… don’t worry we all are here.”

By then Mithu asked for Madhan which he understood and said, “Yeah, he is here only… crying like a child. You should console him so he will be normal.” And mithu nodded her head.

Madhan was sent inside and he took her hands and kissed it. IT pained for her and he understood the situation and told her , “ Mithu…dear…. I wouldn’t have existed in this earth if I you were not alive.”

Mithu could not talk due to tubes inserted in her mouth , “ hey loose…. Be practical. I will be alright soon when you will be near by me…. Don’t talk idiotically….” She could not continue further and Nurse requested that the patient needs rest and asked him to go away from the room.

Madhan was forcefully sent out and they did not allow Ranjani who was already there. They said that they have already allowed two people and can’t allow anyone further. Though Ranjani was disappointed, Seeing Madhan in very bad shape she felt bad and was feeling contented on their pair.

Yet understanding the situation, Nurse said she will allow her after some time. Everyone consoled and asked Madhan to go home , refresh and come back while Rahul along with Manju’s husband started to investigate on the next moves of filing the FIR, getting Mithu’s vehicle etc.

Rathi was moved by Rahul’s act, yet felt within herselves that he is not going to be her man and felt bad for her misfortune.

peddadas likes this.
  2. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

I finished all the episodes and it's going really good I am sure rathi and Rahul come close now. I hope they figure out the culprit

3. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Episode 57:

Rathi was moved by Rahul’s act, yet felt within herselves that he is not going to be her man and felt bad for her misfortune.

Mahesh & Rahul discussed among themselves about how to proceed further with the next steps of actions and asked Madhan to leave home and come back after refreshing. He was already in bad shape and he definitely needed a rest. Madhan agreed and left home in his Bike while Rajkumar who was also a bit fine with the course of improvements shown in mithu since he came to the Hospital. He said, He will also be back soon.

Ranjani, “ Rathi, Your MOM is there with Manju akka. I just called her and informed that all are settling and my prayers were answered that she is out of danger dear. Thanks dear for being here since morning.”

Rathi : “Aunty, why are you looking at me like a third person and you know very well that how Mithu means to me….”

Ranjani :” Hmm… all of things happened in a flash of time… Dear…. It’s almost 2 PM, have you had anything to eat or not….?”

Meanwhile Rahul interrupted and ,”Excuse me aunty, Rathi, you have not had any food yet. Can I by something or if you don’t mind, you can join me for lunch!”

Ranjani, “ I was also asking her the same now… Rathi, better go and have something and come dear. I will be here if Doctor’s ask for something.”

Rathi :” It’s OK aunty, It’s fine.”

Rahul:” If you don’t mind, can I buy something to eat for you. Somehow I pushed madhan home as he's mentally and physically tired. Both Mahesh Sir & Uncle has also gone and be back in sometime. So, just wanted to know if you need anything”

Ranjani “Rathi dear, please have something and come. We can’t have food here and it’s just a waiting area. I came in the noon na and already had my food.” She forced her to go along with Rahul.

Rathi agreed and they both left to the near by restaurant. Rathi liked the way his concern for others.

They entered the Restaurant and had a corner table. He asked as what she needed and she said anything is fine. He said, “it’s your choice and I dono what you like madam?”

Rathi ordered for a Sambar rice and Rahul too gave the same Order.

While they were waiting for the Order, she gulped a sip of water while Rahul was watching the road and browsing his mobile. He was wearing a Orange coloured t-shirt and Blue jeans. He was fair in complexion that was tanned due to heavy sun. He had his coolers kept in between his T shirt which she noticed and his Shoulders & body outfit shown due to the tightness of the shirt he was wearing. It showed his built up exercise body well and manly look.

Rahul was serious in some other thoughts about the happenings and did not notice rathi at all. Rahul was watching the road While Rathi was admiring him unknowingly. His Moustache was sharp at their ends and his side face was shown his neatly shaven face with a proper cut at the chin. He was damn smart and Rathi admired every inch of his face which she has never done with any other guys. When the order came, Rahul turned back and the placing sound of the food served brought her back to her senses. They started their food and completed it fast while Rahul asked whether she needed something else. She said nothing and yet he ordered for a Parcel of Juice. She asked for whom it is and he answered that it is for Mithu’s Mother as she is alone. He paid before Rathi could take her Purse.He said, “It’s fine. Can you give a change of 10 rsfor the bearer as I don’t have change Rathi?”

He sounded casual and Rathi gave him 10 rs and they started.

Before they started, Rahul started ,” Rathi can we stay back for a moment. I need to discuss something with you.”

Rathi got goosebumps inside her and hesitated while he continued, “It’s important rathi. Though you can help me in this? Please have your other hard feelings with me away for the time being.”

Rahul sounded genuine and Rathi stayed back. Rahul explained the incidents and requested her to everything to be kept secret.
    Rathi was taken a away back for a while hearing everything and her eyes and face turned red.

Rahul noticed ,” Hey why is there s sudden change in your face and reaction. I think I have told you everything and done a mistake”

Rathi “No Rahul, Damn, thinking who has that guts to make Mithu suffer like this. I will kill him….”

She used some bad words unknowingly to curse that stranger by which Rahul was taken away a back for a while.

Rahul ;” hey cool come on madam. I have not seen Rathi like this before. Please control yourselves. I just wanted to know whether you have any clue on this person”

Rathi just thougt for a while and answered, “ Our association with Guys were very less if it is a common person between us. Let me think and If I get some clue, I will definitely share it with you”.

Rahul murmered, “ Hmm… Association with Guys. When Mithu was able to choose a Guy, Why you always stay away from guys… When are you going to change and When will I be able to approach you. I will become an old man”…

Rathi, “ what is that you were saying ?

Rahul :”Nothing Rathi, just talking to myself”

The juice parcel also came by that time and rathi felt happy about his concern for others.

When they started Rathi asked Rahul, “ Can I ask you something ? I am always seeing you with Madhan and when is that you get time to meet your girl?”

Rahul now got back to his teasing mode, “ Actually I meet her almost 2 days once. She is very short tempered and If I miss to call her, she will hit me with her big big eyes. I love those eyes you see and always irritate her so that she will become angry with me for me to see that lovely fuming face.”

Rathi was taken back by a second as Rahul never explained about his girl like this.

He continued,” She will look lovely and she becomes more beautiful when I tease her and she becomes angry because of that”.

Rathi became upset by his words and not knowing what to do, she left the place immediately and reached te Hospital without seeing whether Rahul is coming or not.

She went and sat near Ranjani and asked, “Did Drs or Nurses told something Aunty?”

Ranjani said, “ NO dear, Nurse allowed me to see her once and I am upset seeing her in that bad shape. I feel really tired mentally looking at her shape. I could have told you to get me some Juice atleast, but forgot”

Rahul came and gave the Juice to her, “Aunty , Have some Juice, you should be tired na. Don’t let your thoughts go down. Mithu will be alright soon. You have lots of work to do, Your Daughetr’s delivery, Next step Marriage arrangements … everything right”

Ranjani :” Ha… Yes boy. Thanks for your care”. She had that juice that gave her some energy to her mind.

Rathi realized the care Rahul shows towards everyone but felt sorry for herself. She was also not in a Fighting mood with Rahul for the day and thought how he admires her girlfriend. Lucky Girl, !She thought to herself.

VinuthaS, Preetii and peddadas like this.
  4. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Oh no she don't realise yet.. . Rahul baba leave some clue atleast now..

5. Preetii

Preetii Gold IL'ite

Hey aarthi, atlast i got 3 episodes to read:banana::banana::banana:. Now again waiting to knkw the bad guy and rahul and rathi romance :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

aarthi28 likes this.
  6. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Preetii... Long awaited for your comments who boost me always. Yeah will come back soon with the culprits.

VinuthaS likes this.
  7. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks @VinuthaS for liking my episodes. I had been watching your likes for set of episodes frequently and could find you completed all the Episodes. Hope you enjoyed it.

8. VinuthaS

VinuthaS Silver IL'ite

Hello Aarthi ... managed to read them all... the story is going very well ... liked the way you have narrated all the characters ... they all are different personalities together ... I hope it is going to be a happy ending for all .... please manage to complete the story ...

aarthi28 likes this.
  9. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Sure I will with in my Holidays, else my office work will eat my time......

VinuthaS likes this.
  10. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Episode 58:

Rathi realized the care Rahul shows towards everyone but felt sorry for herself. She was also not in a Fighting mood with Rahul for the day and thought how he admires her girlfriend. Lucky Girl, !She thought to herself.

Madhan was back by that time and he came to Rahul and enquired about Mithu. He said, She is fine and no need to worry and need to find the guy behind all the scenes happened. Madhan pulled Rahul and told about the call he received while he was back home. As Rahul has insisted, he had recorded the voice and played it for him.

Madhan :” Hello ? Who is this?”

“—“ : “ How is your Mithu? Is she alive or not? Looks like just missed out right?”

Madhan was in his peak of anger :” Hey… you…. Who are you? Why are you doing all these?”

“—“ : “I don’t need anything other than your peace of mind. I don’t want to see you happy. I don’t want any of your loved ones to be happy”

Madhan :” You cheap … tell me who are you and face me..”

“—“ : “ I could not do that. I am at the peak of happiness seeing you going down. Poor mithu, saved by few fractures alone….. My game will continue mate… catch u soon….” And he hung the call.

Each time of the call, the number was different. Anyways, they noted both the numbers and started to plan.

Mahesh was there with the details of the Tempo number from the RTO friend and he also went to the Police station to find out any FIR has been filed or not. All have been done by that time and Mithu’s Scooty which was in bad shape was also been taken to shed by that time. He has already taken FIR copy and gave it to claim for insurance and checked whether they were able to get any info about the Tempo Guy. He gave that number to Police for further investigation.

Mean while Rahul and Madhan discussed separately

Madhan :”Mom is also very upset in hearing this. Due to her inability, she is stuck and crying as It happened to Mithu due to the reason of her visit to see her ”

Rahul :” All are not planned. Anyway, we need to act fast to avoid further damages da. Also need to find the culprit and see what could be done.”

Rahul and madhan discussed on further steps and Rahul hinted for the next actions he should concentrate on.

First , to find out the culprit inside the construction who used low quality materials, have some good security means for proper transport for Meera as she was also been a victim of some incidents, Advise their parents not to go anywhere alone. Though they find and prepare to stop the actions happening in their construction, they also should convince their clients for the delay that would be impacted because of the corrective measures they have to make in the regular work. Rahul also warned that It should also not be shown to their clients as they are from a good background and it will also create a bad name for their constructions.

Rahul was so calculative and warned madhan for the expected actions. He was so worried as if he gets his interview cleared , he might have to undergo training and he will not be his side. Madhan is so soft hearted and he believes people and that was his drawback.

All the things happening till now around Madhan were so positive with the improvements in his business, financial status, the name he gained amidst of the big shots. In parallel, he almost completed his individual dream house of his mother. Though it was located remotely, the area was a developing area one. On top, he will be soon going to join hands with his lady love. While all were moving in a positive route, he was a bit taken back by all such incidents and worst ever thing which he did not even imagined happened to Mithu.

Rahul got a call and it was from his Mother.

Sangeetha : “ Rahul where are you da? Appa is coming today and you are supposed to go to pick him from Central. Don’t you remember?”

Rahul : “Uff, Mom I really forgot. Actually Madhan’s fiancie met with an hospital and she is critical in trauma care now. I am with him. Please call shyam and ask him to pick him. I know, just to help him with his baggages, he needs us right!”

Sangeetha :” Oh… fine, I will tell him. You take care. How is she? Her name I forgot!”

Rahul :” Ma, she is mithula”

Sangeetha: “ yeah I recollected. You said, she is even friend of Rathi right?”

Rahul :”yeah, she is also here only ma.Ok , I cut the call. Please take care of further arrangements!”

He hung the call and Madhan asked, “ if needed, you can go know?’

Rahul :” “It’s Ok da, Shyam will pick him up. Anyway, When I am back home, I am going to meet him”

Madhan held his hands tight expressing his thanks not knowing what to do.

Rahul & Madhan approached Mithu’s parents and explained them about their work. He said for any update or help, he requested to call him immediately.

They both started and Madhan requested for a moment and went inside the ICU room, saw Mithu’s Face and came back. He has now become somewhat stubborn to face further things and has managed his mind to accept them.

They approached their construction site to check what is exactly happening over there. Rahul gave a bye sign to Rathi and she accepted that unknowingly.

Madhan noticed that and asked him ,” What is happening da. I am happy but not in a real mood to enjoy it”

Rahul:” Che che nothing like that da. I am just spending time with her na, on that way I just bid bye to her, that’s it. No Miracles nor any improvements has happened yet da.”

Madhan felt sorry symbolically as he was also not in a mood now to discuss about that.

They approached towards the construction site to meet Ramasamy mason with whom they could not continue their discussion their last visit itself.

When they approached the site, they saw cold fight argument between Engineer and ramasamwy anna. Though they could not hear it propery, they heard few sentences. “If you continue to do this anna, I will inform Madhan Sir about this. I am respecting you for your age, but if you do some cheap tricks, it will definitely be shown to our Owners. I am leaving now to the Iron & Steel traders office. In case , Madhan Sir comes, inform him so that I can meet him in the evening.”

That Guy left the place not noticing the entry of them by another entry. Rahul and Madhan were confused by the incidence and went in to the room where Ramasamy was managing the work with some Labours. He did not expect their presence and dono what to day.

Ramasamy :” Thambi, When did you come?”

Madhan (in an irritating tone) :” Why, You did not expect us here? Is that so Anna?”

Ramasamy :” No.. Not at all. It’s your construction, you can come anytime here.?” He was polite which Madhan sorry for his act.

Ramasamy continued , “ I could not speak to you as you were in a hurry that day. After I returned from my vacation, I found a lot of changes in the construction. The Old Sand dealer is changed and the sand supplied further is not of good quality. With that almost many of the Ground floors have been completed which will not give good stability to the Building. I wanted to convey this to you, but you were in a hurry that day. I spoke to Appa already.”

He continued:” Thambi, When I was working with your Father, he has never compromised on the quality of the raw materials. The Sand with which the plastering is done will not last long. Now it might look like the construction is good, but within a year, definitely, the plastering will get cracks in them and small correction work that will done will lead to major reworks. It’s not fine at all. All these days you were working hard like your father and why all sudden changes. I did not expect this from you at all.”

Madhan was confused by his words and the previous talk with the Engineer Suresh which they both overheard. They believed in their Mason as he was working for quite long time with his father and he trusted him.

Madhan started :” I was hearing some talk of Suresh with you and he was scolding you. What was that?”
    Ramasamy face changed : “ Actually, he was shouting at me for giving water to the near by house people. Due to water scarcity, inspite of his saying, I was sharing as that house lady is a Pregnant lady. So I helped. They said they are going to put another bore soon and I wanted to help them for the time being. I am sorry thambi.”

Madhan said :” Hmm.. It’s Ok. We are not going to get any gain by not helping others. If my Mom knows , she will yell at me for not helping others. But he was mentioning about some Sand material and all. What was that ?”

Ramasamy :” Thambi, Even I am confused as why he was talking to me like that. He was scolding at me for water issue and then changed the topic to Sand. He did not wait for me to respond back and started soon”

He continued :” actually , I had also mentioned to appa and you were in a hurry that day so I could not speak to you. Since I was on a vacation to take care of my Mother, I was not here for a month. The Sand supplier has changed . It was not good and construction was also done with that. I am worried and before I could explain to you, you were in a Hurry. All these craps were done by this new Engineer boy and he is shouting at me for no reasons. He might be educated, but I have enough experience to complete this site itself. May be any advanced things that has come in the industry might not be known to me. But if you explain me, I can catch up well with the work thambi. My workers are a bit aged but are devoted to their profession.”

Rahul and Madhan went together with Mason ramasamy and checked the plastering work and decided how to move further. They were in a state of confusion on how to proceed and Mason Anna gave his iDeas.

Ramasamy:” Madhan thambi, it is not good if we give this work to the client and sure it will spoil your reputation. We will work night and day and redo this plastering. I will support you. Your parents has helped me a lot and I want to show my respect in supporting you this way. I can also try to get some more people from Village and we will plan and re do the plastering work. It will eat some time, but we need to do that and it will have delay in the actual completion. Definitely we would need some more money as we need to get some additional workers. “

Madhan was a bit taken back when it came to money. He has not planned for any such unusual happenings and was speechless. Rahul pacified him….. “ come one da. Everything is mangeable. Don’t be worry. Things will move on it’s own and you will get some light.”