1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dreary Dreams

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by aarthi28, May 30, 2016.

1. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Hi All

I Have come with my next attempt for my next story. Hope you all enjoy it and provide your valuable comments so that I can improvise myself.... Hope you all enjoy it.....

creativemind23 and IniyaaSri like this.

2. leenarajaryan

leenarajaryan Silver IL'ite

Where is it dear ?? Pls post faster. No updates today from the leading writers:BangHead::BangHead: :scream::scream: too..
    Waiting for some updates.. Only iniyaa the punctual gal has posted.

IniyaaSri likes this.
  3. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Episode 1

The Day was a pleasant one and Rathi was happy for whole of the Day. Rathi always use to enjoy all the best moments of her life and when it was day where she was serving others as an activity and sponsoring for handicapped kids who actually needed a support, she did it with full enthusiasm and of course, she felt contented. She did not even felt hungry for the whole day. When she went home, she explained everything to her mother Anu and she knows her hunger as it was the whole day she had done those volunteering activities. When she refreshed, her stomache tickled and before she was able to shout , “Amma”, Anu showed the Tiffin plate with hot dosas and her favourite Onion chutney. For unknown hunger she had, Mom knows it well. She finished it in few minutes. She went to her room and changed to her Nighty to make herself comfortable for a good sleep and Anu came inside her room with a cup of hot milk. Before, Rathi could continue , Anu knows that she needed more rest and said, “Dear, enough for the day, we can talk even tomorrow as it is a weekend, and for heaven sake, don’t have any plans for tomorrow dear’. ‘ Please take good rest’. But Rathi tried to continue; Anu switched off the lights and waved her Good night.

Rathi went to sleep thinking of the days happenings as she usually do. Her mind was disturbed by lots of thoughts and she imagined many things that happened during the course of the day and for all the tiredness she had, she went to deep Sleep in few minutes itself. Rathi was a single child and was staying with her Mother Anu. Rathi’s father was a north Indian and it was a love marriage. The Marriage was not accepted by his fathers family and Anu stayed alone with Rathi. His father , Abhinav Dutta was from a remote village from Bihar whom came to work in South india and were neighbours. Anu fell in love with them and they got married. She thought that she would be able to convince Abhinav’s family and later she understood the mistake she has done in her life. Anu’s parents did passed away and she has to face lots of hardships to bring Rathi. Though Abhinav was a lovable father & husband, he has never given up his family who has not cared to accept Rathi & Anu.Abhinav visits them often, stays with them , but has not taken them over to his place. Anu’s only hope was that she is educated and was having enough salary & strongness to bring her child in the society. She was owned by her parents property and she was also educated enough and was a successful teacher and was also trained herself for teaching special children with autism. She wanted a family for Rathi as a mother, father & daughter which she could not satisfy for Rathi. There were lots of gaps by language, thinking between Abhinav & his family. But for the sake of a security in the society and by just accepting that he atleast holds them as his family, he wanted him to be along with them and Anu always tried to bridge the gap between Rathi & Abhinav.

Rathi always maintained her distance with her father. She had a hatredness towards him for leaving her mother stand on her own legs and not fulfilling much of his responsibilities. Anu always convinces Rathi as this was an accident. As Rathi is grown up and now in a position of earning on herself, she could not hide with any stories to her. But at least , she feels contented that she is not just left alone and has enough security to live in this society with her daughter. Abhinav ensures that he comes and stays with them for a week in a month. Rathi has developed a sort of inferiority complex within herself in this issue alone in midst of her smart attitude and behaviour in rest of her activities. Abhinav also didnot cared much for that and also due to a bit of language barrier, he could not understand much about his daughter.At any cost, Rathi’s facecut depicted his father much so she just can’t avoid anyone’s comment saying , “you resemble your father very much”.

The next day morning, she woke up at 10 AM with a big yarn. She saw the time and it was already 10 and went to hall for having her breakfast. Anu waved her GM, “Dear, hope you had a good sleep, how are you feeling now? Hope you would be feeling better now. Have the breakfast ma”. Rathi : “MOM, I will have my lunch directly... Pls give me the best coffee of yours”. She sat in the hall in her purple colored Nighty and was scrolling through all the papers in the newspaper. She went through many pages and most of them were like “Killer –Found”, “ Sex abusement against School girl- School Sir was arrested “, “ Lady found death by dacoits – missing jewels and valuables at home- Police is investigating “”. She was irritated by all those news and just moved to Entertainment column. Again, the news update over there updated who is living together with whom and her face turned again with disappointed face looking at these messages. She murmered, “nothing interesting”.. All Same stories, whatever it is, world is not going to change”....

The door bell knocked and she opened her mouth when she saw Mithula. “ HI dear, So early”.....

Mithula , “ Madam what is the Time ? It is 11 AM now and am early ..............Is it ?I thought you should have been ready by this time”.” Hope you enjoyed your day yesterday”

Rathi Sighed “Oops... sorry dear... I really forgot... Pls give me some time,,, I will get ready soon...Mom I need to go... Mithu we will talk when we go...”

She just patted her and sighed a hello to Anu. “ Hello Aunty, how are you doing?”

Anu : “Hey Dear, I am good da... How is Ranjani... Its quite some time we had met as we both was busy with our own official stuffs”.

Mithula was her close friend from his school days and she knows in & out about Rathi by all means. Rather Mithula’s mother Ranjani & Anu were good friends since their college and the friendship continued between their daughters.

By Then , anu ,” Hey what happened, you skipped breakfast also.. Am in mid of preparing lunch... for you... and you say you need to go...?”

Rathi did not listen to her at all... Mithula intervened

“Aunty, we are going to our first class today on our personality development”, “Hope Rathi would have told you ?”

Anu said, “ I really don’t understand why she needs that .. She is smart and brave enough in facing any situations, she is good in her language, and what is that she needs in addition to this”

Mithula nodded , “ yeah you are correct aunty.. I feel she needs this and I only insisted to her for this”. By the time rathi went to prepare herself for a bath to get ready, Mithu continued with Anu .

“ She becomes moody at times, At times, she becomes silent, At times, she becomes the centre of attraction of the place where she is “.”Infact, I have learnt a lot from her”, “ This is just a small course for 3 months where we get some practical exposure in managing the crowd, facing people of different attitude,”.” This is just a change I needed for her so that when she becomes strong in her profession”.”She has to interact with many people over there for practical session and she has to face them professionally keeping aside about her own personal thoughts or feelings about others”. ”Aunty, you know I care for her”.

Anu sighed ,” Yeah I know you ma. I don’t want to thank you rather and keep you away with a distance”.” I know she is disturbed by lots of thoughts and the failures I have faced in my life. Though I haven’t shown much of it towards her, she has brought up along with my sufferings”. “But, now, I am happy to have grown her up well, educated, smart enough, but for unable to bridge the gap between father and daughter”.” Even, for certain things, I have lost in my life, I am indeed happy and Rathi’s father is meeting us often. I feel atleast, in this late forties, I have overcome a lot and really happy now”. “My only worry is about Rathi....”

Mithula knows all the stories and she replied, ”Yeah aunty, I know. I will take care of my friend”.

By the time, Rathi became and ready, Mithu said “wow”, as she always use to do.

Rathi came in a very formal dress with a Chinese collared churidhar top stitched with 3/4th hand. It was a pink colored top with a green bottom and green coloured dupatta.It suited for her complexion and she had a very minimal makeup which showed her elegant look. She had dazzling eyes which was applied with a very thin layer of Eyeliner and for this thin layer itself, her eyes were Projected so big. She was of a thin physique and was sure to be caught by all men for her beauty.

Mithu :”Madam, How come you look so beautiful dear ? “

Rathi : “Hey ... come on Mithu, you always tease me like this?”

Mithu : Hey God damn beauty, I am seeing you from my childhood. Guy who is going to marry this beauty is going to be really a lucky chap dear?

By then, Rathi was ready to start along with Mithu.. And Anu was also ready with her lunch. Both enjoyed the lunch besides their chitchatting when Abhinav entered the house with his bag.

Rathi’s face changed, she waved Anu bye as if she did not notice her father at all...

Mithu could not resist saying hello to Abhinav. “Hello Uncle, how are you?” for which he just smiled back.

Anu could not say anything for the scene that happened over there as she could not comment for anyone as she was tired of such scenes already.

Both Mithu & Rathi started in Mithu’s two wheeler..... and went to the building “San Academy” where they have registered for their course.

Rathi was driving besides their chitchatting and unknowingly, she gave a hit to another two wheeler that came on the opposite side.

The guy got irritated ,” hello, don’t you have any sense. Coming in the wrong route,”!!!!!!

He yelled and Mithula got scared of course......

4. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Here it is!!! Got some work inbetween.... Pls share your valuable comments

InterestBlog and leenarajaryan like this.
  5. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Good Start @aarthi28
    Best wishes to proceed further without any hindrance.

6. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Good start ... Interesting story

7. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Hey aarthi ..very different subject..
    All the best!!!
    PS

8. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Hey Aarthi dear!!!
    Another story huh?!!!
    Super!! Am yet to read!!!:tonguewink::tonguewink:
    Will read and share my thoughts :grinning::grinning::grinning:
    All the best sweety!!! :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

9. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Amazing start dear!!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:
    First Episode is super duper!!:clapclap:
    Looking forward for many more episodes!!
    Also the plot seems to be interesting as well :thumbsup:
    All the best sweety!!! :blush::blush::blush:

aarthi28 likes this.
  10. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Episode 2

Rathi was driving besides their chitchatting and unknowingly, she hit a two wheeler that came on the opposite side.

The guy got irritated,” hello, don’t you have any sense. Coming in the wrong route,”!!!!!!

He yelled and Mithula got scared of course...... Though the bike belonged to Mithu, Rathi wanted to drive that day and hence it scared Mithu. Rathi was cool and said, “Oops... Am really sorry about it ...”. Rathi was speechless for her mistake and stood still.

The Guy who came in the Bike opposite became irritated, “ Madam, don’t you have any sense. You girls drive the bike as if the whole road is yours”. Mithula got a bit tensed and she intervened ,”Sorry... Sorry... “. She wanted to vanish away while Rathi became tensed and was also silent. She pacified Rathi and pulled her to move away from that place. On the twist, Rathi turned and bike skidded and to her bad luck, water on the road splashed again on that Guy. That’s it gone, they both turned and took the ride fast to San Academy without even want to know the reaction of the stranger.

They stopped in the academy and till that moment they both never uttered a word. When they stopped, both could not control their laughter for the incidents happened. They had a comfort feeling now that they have come out of sight of the place where they ended in a kind of fight. It was around 2:30 PM and the class was about to start by 3:30 PM. They both wanted to go a Merry Go Round , but ended with a type of Accident. To just pass the time as they were too early to the place, they went to the Coffee Shop nearby. They sat in a chair beside each other.

Rathi ordered their favourite Cappuccino for both of them. While they waited for the Coffee, Mithu Started

Mithu: “ Hey, how was your volunteering went yesterday da?.Hope you enjoyed!? They were kids right ?”

Rathi : “Hey, I forgot to tell you da. It was really a great day indeed. Those children were handicapped, mixed. Few were mentally challenged... But really, I did not get such feel with them when I moved along with them. They say they were less in their mental growth... but for their size, they are actually very well matured and not like normal people deee...”” The only difference was that 10 years girl is having 5 years girl mentality”."It is the way we look at them as children and not their Age"

“ You see, they do their activities in perfect manner, though they were not much educated for their age, they are well trained in doing things with perfection?” “ They loved our company dear... they wanted to sing, dance and enjoyed to the core.” “ When we gave them breakfast, snacks, they were proper even in throwing the wrapper to the dustbins”.

“Some girls looked really beautiful dear... but cud not understand why God has given them lesser mental health”.

She whispered and tears moisted her eyes. Rathi continued , “Actually, one of the girl looked very beautiful da. Her name was also Rathi which caught me as it was my name. She was looking so cute and was enjoying animation movies when we projected them in a projector. She has attained puberty it seems, but due to lack of mental health, She got her chums when she was enjoying the movie. She was not in a state to understand it properly.” “We need to help her for which she just cried”, “Why god has no pity for such girls.” “.What is the security these girls have got over here”. “Most of them were left by their parents over here”. “I really pity them da”.

Rathi lost her mood when she was sharing this to Mithu. Mithu knows her well and she diverted the topic...Coz, certain sensitive things will definitely affect Rathi as she is very tender in heart to accept such things.

Rathi continued,” How come the parents leave their children like this Mithu? It is not their fault right to be born like that? Who knows, it could be because of some malnutrition during pregnancy? Some parents leave them because they are mentally retarded. When we spoke with the people over there, I can hear lots of stories dear.. How people are mean? When they have enough money, ‘How come they get their mind to leave their children like this?”

Mithu: “Hey enough of these stories”( She know that Rathi would become emotional and wanted to divert the topic?)So how was your presentation in the office yesterday?.

Rathi:” Hey , I don’t know? I was always a good listener, and when I am told to speak out, I become dumb stuck. I was not like this during my college right or Schools? “Something is stopping me ... and some kind of fear da... I don’t know how to explain, but couldn’t express”. “How was yours? I was told that you did well!”

She continued “And when is your volunteering da? We could not make it together this time? Where are you going by the way?”

Mithu : “Yeah dear, mine was a very small presentation. It went through well ““On volunteering, Not now for sure.... You have to complete your target of availing a leave right and take an off for this. I have got enough time dear. But better, you avail your Offs now itself, else when project pressure arises, it would become waste.So no worries.”

Rathi & Mithula studied together, schools, college and of course got in to campus in the same company.

They were assigned to different projects though they belong to diff department; they shared and cherished their friendship.

We did not introduce Mithu in her physique right. Mithula was also a beautiful girl with curly hair and always had a dimple in both her cheeks. Her normal face itself gave a pleasant look and a smiling look to her. Both Rathi’s eyes and Mithu’s smiley face got them a recognition in their college.

By the time, the Hot cappuccino was served for them. When they continued with your usual gossips.....

Rathi : ” Mithu, how is Madhan dear.... How is your things going on ? When are you going to open up at your home da? Hope you both are settled now... and what is the barrier now “. “ Your sis Manjula akka has also got married now” “What is the barrier now””Anything from Madhan’s end”.”He is a single child and hopefully no worries”

Before Rathi could continue, Mithula’s mobile beeped.. “Sweety, where are you. Kissing smilies...”

Mithu :” Think of the devil and it beeps... but my sweet devil... she whispered..”
    Rathi reads her voice.. “Ok, OK continue...”

Mithu : “Hey, I am with Rathi dear... Class is yet to start . It is at 3 .30 only... so no meeting for the day”, “ Please.. leave me for the day.” “Why should I leave you? I am going to accompany you for the whole life” . “winking smileys”

Madhan replied : “ Hey I know Rathi..and of course she is my friend too... why so.... “

Mithu :” Pls will talk to you later”....

Rathi :” Sorry da ... because of me, you joined the class and you can’t make up your meet with Madhan right”

Mithu :” Hey crank... leave it, I want to engage you and for sure Madhan understands me well”” If not, then what else is there between us , tell me “

Rathi holded her hands tight and again, it beeped,..

Mithu: “Ufff, Madhan.... “ “ It sounded with a musical tone... Love You ,,, Love You....”

Rathi told Mithu, “ you lucky....”.... “ He loves you so much?”...

When they teased with their cappuccino, they hit each other in the Sofa type of chairs in which they sat.

Due to their laughter, cappuccino splashed and they avoided the flow of the coffee from their mug and just moved away from the seats they sat. Rathi’s coffee did splashed to the person sitting backside of their chair... They did not realise.. that coffee got splashed. A little poured on Mithu’s hand and she immediately went to wash her hands....

Mithu..”oops....” and she left the place to clean her hands poured with Cappuccino. Rathi turned , the same stranger whom they hit and splashed water was sitting beside them in the chair to the back of them. Their day was gone..... No. No. It was Rathi’s day. Rathi gaped with her dazzling eyes. To her fear, her eyes moisted, but tears did not come out. By then Mithu was also back and she also got shocked in seeing the same Guy.

The Guy turned ... To her surprise “ he smiled at her” “Again.....Ladies”.....................

Last edited: May 31, 2016
    Sweetynila, Arunarc, Deepu04 and 2 others like this.