1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dreading Documentaries

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Mar 5, 2015.

1. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

I really hate to write this... but I could feel it too. Not that it affected me but its really surprising to see in a forum.

3 people like this.
  2. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Back to the topic ( phew):

The boy who was with Jyothi that day has called the documentary far from truth. He says that the girl never spoke about the tutor who was in the documentary. He said he was approached for the film but could not cooperate as he thought the aim of the mohie wasnt noble enough.

God only knows whats the truth..

3 people like this.
  3. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

@Laks, as i had mentioned somewhere else, there is "eve-teasing" everywhere. I lived in Manhattan (recently moved to the suburbs) and used to take subways, walk through the streets and i have heard men commenting on my clothes, my body, it is not just in our country it is everywhere. I don't take cabs or subways or walk though certain street (even in midtown let alone downtown) after a certain time. I make sure i am with my DH or friends.

3 people like this.
  4. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

Recently, there is the issue of sexist comments against women by Sharad Yadav. There is at least one incident about these sexist comments/crimes against women every few days.

5. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Though old thread just read it.

I am not following much of things happening in India, well quite a disheartening situation.

Well the true situation is very alarming and it is very sad that the women are themselves gossiping about the other girls. There does not seem to be any change happening around inspite of girls climbing up the ladder. There does not seem to be any security with regards to women in India.

More than five years ago while I was travelling in India in train after midnight whilst sleeping I felt a hand touching my arm. I am not a deep sleeper and I woke up and saw a guy who was standing near me. My dh and other relatives were sleeping as well. I started shouting and everyone in the cubicle woke up. This guy just moved to near door and stood there and never answered anything. I informed the railway police and was flabbergasted by the answer they gave. They told that the guy was a railway employee and probably drunken and not to make an issue. If we need to proceed you need to come to station and later to court which they knew was impossible for most, that too I was visiting short to India. I was not sure of the intent of the guy, but the disgusting one was with the police. They added that when I am talking about the situation it is only a shame for myself to tell it out. This answer given by the police that it is just inappropriate touching and not make an issue and shame myself in telling out, shows how much a girl security lies in India.

Imagine the injustice in case of sexual abuse. I felt Akanksha was trying to state that point only in her thread which she posted a while ago.

Well, the truth is mostly in India the solution to get a fair justice for women is a dream and probably impossible currently. Hope to get some justice in future, or is it going to be a mirage?

Thanks for the post, went out a bit while writing.

3 people like this.
  6. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Next month, the guy who name is not yet disclosed will be out from prison and will be moved to undisclosed location as per the news....

WAT FOR??????????????? They have showed the girls name and her parents have come in open too.
    Now we wanna see the name and face of this person and his parents?????

IS IT POSSIBLE??

7. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Good question without an answer.thinkingsmiley

1 person likes this.
  8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Vaidehi, shocking. We are supposed to rely on cops to protect us but who will protect us from cops. Today a couple were grabbed in a Mumbai locality by cops, taken to a police station and thrashed there. While dong that they were blissfully unaware that they were on video camera. The reason the cops gave was the couple were creating a racket and then they said they were drunk. Does that justify violence against them?

9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Our law makers work at the pace of a snail. The wheels of justice turn slowly. As soon as the Nirbhaya incident took place, measures must have been taken to amend the Juvenile Justice Act to ensure that the punishment is based on the gravity of the crime and not the age of the perpetrator. The government finally moved a bill to that effect in parliament but it is yet to be passed. Thanks to that the monster is going to be scot free. The law does not allow media to print his picture or give his name. I think some brave newspaper or TV channel should break the taboo and tell the public details about him so that people stay miles away from him even if they don't lynch him.

1 person likes this.