Drastic Loss In Weight After Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by NanditaSri, Apr 5, 2018.

1. NanditaSri

NanditaSri Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I had gained around 15kgs with my twins during pregnancy. 5 months post delivery I have lost over 20kgs and it seems to be reducing further.

Is this common when we breastfeed, that too twins? Also, could this be related to thyroid issues? Will weight gain happen when the babies start weaning from mothers milk?

Please suggest what can be. Thanks

2. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

I had twins and breastfed them. I havent checked my weight then, but I lost all my weight very quickly and used be lean while breastfeeding them.
    Once I stopped feeding, I started to gain weight again. May be thats because of continuous supply of milk (kind of every hour need to feed them - one after other)

3. VinuthaS

VinuthaS Silver IL'ite

Yes it is normal to lose weight post pregnancy... Brest feeding is healthy for both mother and child , in you case children ... eat healthy appropriately at shorter intervals ...
    Once the kids start with external food , you should watch out what u eat and how much since you will gradually stop breastfeeding... since it is Twins you have to feed 2 children so eat healthy ...
    All the best

4. NanditaSri

NanditaSri Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the reply, creativemumma and Vinutha