Dr.Geetha Haripriya Vs Dr.Samundi Sankari

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by AmritaS, Jun 4, 2010.

1. crazydee

crazydee Junior IL'ite

Thanks SSM.

Will do as you suggest. If my post helps even one woman then its a good thing.

Take care.

1 person likes this.
  2. Maya12

Maya12 New IL'ite

Hello,
    I have also been a silent reader so far and would like to thank this forum for enabling us to share the views on a topic that is so sensitive and emotional. I know this posting is late but I thought this posting might help somebody just like how I benefited from others.
    I used to live outside India and took treatment for infertility for couple of years. The treatment involved only medications/shots. It did not help. I read the reviews in IndusLadies and IndiaParenting and decided to move to India and take treatment with DrSamundi Sankari.
    I am over 30 and we were not successful in having a child after several years of married life. I am happy I chose Shrusti for treatment.
    The first thing that impressed me was that she was willing to accept the test results performed outside India and did not ask to repeat the tests. She did not even charge us for the first consultation we did asking her to review the reports and give her opinion.

My case was complicated and success was elusive for several attempts of IVF with Shrusti. It was frustrating but still we continued with the doctor. After 4 failed attempts (with a miscarriage inbetween) , our hope took a blow and we were so depressed and it was hurting.
    The doctor took the failure personally. She offered not to charge us for the treatment unless it became successful. When we did not want to take up on her offer, she was very assertive and refused to take money. Where will you see doctors like this?

Believe it or not, I am pregnant now. I have heard that success rate at Shrusti is high.

Just a couple of things to keep in mind if you are used to style/culture of medical treatments abroad. You should be open to surprises and not have A-Zs explained to you in detail before the treatment. The questions have to come from you and when they do, the doctor is very patient and takes time to explain. There are no appointments given and so you may end up waiting 3-4 hours for the Doctor.
    Also, since the Doctor treats several patients, in some occasions, its left to you to remind her on the specifics of your treatments. I would say all this a small price to pay when the Doctor is so kind, down to earth and you know that it will be successful.

I would definitely recommend Dr. Samundi Sankari.

2 people like this.
  3. hopesinbaby2010

hopesinbaby2010 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Crazy,

Me too in the same boat. due to ectopic pregnancy lost one of my tube and no success until now. first ivf failed for no reason. Did u succeeded in ur ivf? Pls share with me.

4. Ranjitjayanthi

Ranjitjayanthi Silver IL'ite

Hi Maya

congrats dear n so happy to hear the success ... do take good care of yurself n our prayers are with u always :)

God will truly be with u n the baby :)

for all the struggles,hardships you been thru the little perious will be a bloom soon... hats off to Dr. Samundi Sankari.

warmest wishes, hearty congrats

jayanthi

5. Ranjitjayanthi

Ranjitjayanthi Silver IL'ite

Hi hopesinbaby2010

dunn worrie dear soon u be sharing the good news with all of us here :)

6. Maya12

Maya12 New IL'ite

Hi Jayanthi,
    Thank you for your prayers and positive thoughts. I think its very sweet of you to take time to provide emotional support for women in my position. I am looking forward to the day when I can hold my baby.:)

Have a nice day
    Maya

7. Maya12

Maya12 New IL'ite

Hi Hopesinbaby2010,
    As someone who had more than my share of failed IVF, I can say that there is never a specific reason why IVF fails. I had 5 failed IVF before I had success at Srushti hospital. My case was complicated but in most cases, patients have success at the second IVF. So, don't loose heart.
    I know IVF treatment is unbelievably expensive outside India and they are not covered by insurance. In my case, I sent my reports to Dr Samundi and had her opinion before I ventured into this. If it becomes successful, you can return back to your country of residence within 3-4 months.
    My cousin is in US and has the same problem as you. She is on the verge of giving up and depressed. I am trying to convince her to take sabbattical and visit India atleast for a couple of months.
    So,basically don't loose hope. Our prayers are with you. Just hang in there and your bundle of joy is going to be in your hands very soon.

Good Luck,
    Maya

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  8. rekha5

rekha5 New IL'ite

Hi

I'm facing a problem in conceiving..I've been married for 2 yrs now & my age is 33 yrs...I'm taking a treatment under dr sudha reddy (royal hospital) in alwarthirunagar,chennai....does anyone know abt her? I have undergone an HSG jus yesterday at her clinic & came to know that my left tube is blocked...now she has suggested a laproscopy & I'm extremely scared to undergo one...pls help!!

Also,i have hypothyroidism, PCOS & I'm taking medications for the same....

Regards
    Rekha

9. Maya12

Maya12 New IL'ite

Hi Rekha,
    I have not heard about the Doctor. However, I have gone through Laproscopy procedure. I am not sure if the way the procedure is administered differs based on the problem.

In my case, the Doctor identified some calcium deposits. it was a simple minor surgery. They gave me anesthesia and so there was no pain. However, after the procedure I had severe chest pain due to gastric problem from empty stomach. The pain was unbearable. Only then the Doctor suggested that I take Gelusil/Digene. I felt fine after that.
    I had pain when they removed the stitches. But I think you should be able to handle it.
    Basically, don't forget to have Gelusil/Digene handy after the procedure.
    Hope this helps
    Good Luck and Take care,

Maya

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  10. welcomebaby

welcomebaby New IL'ite

Hello Ladies

Can anyone provide me details of hospital address of Dr. Samundi Sankari

Thanks