1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dowry Business

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,

i deleted the blog there, 8 hours, 56 views and no comments, so thanks for coming over to this flop blog here, here it is doing decent.HAHA.So this is recycling of dowry what the fellow gives he will get in return eh ! Shameful really.

Regards

kamal

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

i could not agree with u more, that they are ready to get rid of her, as though she is a burden to them.

Well said, i coulnt agree with u more.

REgards

kamal

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mansi,

athe peon thing is amazing, and also the girl who has fallen in love with a guy who will bleed her parents.Sad.

What does one say Mansi, tjust that u wnat to hang ur head in shame.

Regards

kamal

4. uma16

uma16 Senior IL'ite

kamalji,

I have always liked ur snippets that reflect the common man's problems.

It is indeed sad that women are reared as puppets in the hands of parents to take up the cruelty at the in-laws house.They do not retaliate knowing there wouldn't be support otherwise.

ofcourse there are these other women who have so much love for the parents and siblings that they bear all the torture unto death.

Even sadder is the case where the woman after having undergone all these illtreatments puts it on another woman - how many stories we do read in IL's about MIL's treating the DIL bad...

yes ,the list goes on

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dea r Uma,

i dont read the other forums, but i wrote this bcs of this unusual case that ha shappened where the brother has gone to face book. And i wanted to share , that i find the parents too responsible for this , and they are a party to this sad deed.

Regards

kamal

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

really sad kamalji that we are still talking about dowry deaths in the 21st century.yes the parents and brother are equally to be blamed for not being more supportive. How dare they wash their hands off a daughter once she is married? isnt it their responsibility to see if she is happily married too, especially if they have chosen the bridegroom?
    the only sufferer is the girl herself ..if you ask me she should be strong enough to leave all of them and start her life afresh somewhere else.Why give up her life?

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamalji,

when I saw this title first thing in the morning and seeing dowry and business in the sam eline somehow made me cringe and I refrained from reading. Now I read with my heart beating faster for I feel the helplessness as much as you have expressed and thank God no, Thank you for those two jokes about what two things a woman needs and the obesity one that I could finally write a feedback! But I have to agree this is something that can change and that change can come with our generations and even younger - We need to hear this, so thank you for the snippet.

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Mindi,

that is a good point , why wash off yr hands off yr dau after swhe is married.she is yr own blood, and if the inlaws are bad, just take her back, and haul those buggers to court, and make life miserable for them.The parents and the girl must hve the guts to do it.

Sad really.

Regards

kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabita,

i did not know what title to give this, so just typed what came to mind. And there u must be thinking this is a new business that kamalji has started eh ! i dont blame u, i have a bad reputation as it is, so i dont blame u at all.

But even my heart bleeds,when these things happen, and i wonder why do parents leave their girl to such fate when she is reularly beaten.Shameful really.

Regards

kamal

10. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji, that sounds more like a business deal than a union of two people to make a new life. Strange! Exibhiting in the marriage hall I have seen in some marriages but loaded truck taken out with a band in the front!! then driving in that part commands great patience & concentration. what a frustration it will be to get into that traffic to travel home.

This practice will come to an end only when each of us give importance to the relations, value the bond rather than running behind money, Gold and asset.

1 person likes this.