Downloadable Recipes Of Chitvish

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Induslady, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This thread is started to list Chitvish's exotic recipes as downloadable files in pdf format. These pdf files can be viewed using Adobe Acrobat Reader.

There is one person without whom, these downloadable versions would not be possible at all. All your thanks should go to her! It is none other than our special....

Selvi

Selvi formatted all Chitivish's recipes and converted them to pdfs. It is taking her many hours of computer work to do this.

Think about this situation. You are on your last few weeks of pregnancy and someone asks you to help them with many hours of computer work for a community forum. It needs a special kind of a person to say "Yes". Big Thank you Selvi on behalf of all indusladies here.

Note: You may not find downloadable files for all the recipes in one shot. We are progressively converting recipes in various categories one by one and will be listing them as they become available. Please keep checking for the same.

Last edited: May 1, 2006
    1 person likes this.

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Thank you

Induslady,

Thank you for the pdf versions of Mrs Chithra's recipes. You have launched them on the most auspiscious day of Akshaya tritiya. And I am sure both Indus Ladies and Mrs Chithra will fly high from this new venture.

sincerely
    Vidya

3. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Indus Lady,
    Thanks for this version.... have already started downlaoding them....that is a fantastic decision..and thanks to Selvi also.

4. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear indus lady...

dear indus lady....
    this is a nice way of distributing the receipes....i am sure so many young mothers r benefitting and will have it like a store book to give to their generations to come...food is one thing all fall for and chitra has made it possible with her grt contributions and now this pdf is a grt help to all...thanku for this idea here...with kind regards...sunkan

6. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

fantastic idea!!!!!!!!!

Dear Induslady,

Its a fantastic idea to have Chitvish recipes as downloadable files in PDF format.
    Sure this thread will be stored by all of us straight-away, without any second thought. My sincere thanks to all those who are behind this project.

thanks once again.

7. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Attention IL Admin

hi ,

i was able to download allthe pdf files except the ones (9-14 in tiffins),starting from masala krispies. I dontknow if this is a problem which i am facing solely. PLease do the needful.

Thanks and Regards,
    Purnima

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Need to know...

Dear Induslady...

Although I go about using my PC for mails and browsing, I am a novice where its technicalities are concerned. Sorry about my ignorance, I am still learning. Hence my question which might sound a bit stupid...but...
    ...Why this 'downloadable recipes' ? What is the advantage of them being in a PDF file? How is it different for users like me? I shall be thankful if either you or any other enlightend member can explain this in plain words to me. TIA.

Regards,
    Kamla

9. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

pdf files

HI Kamla!

pdf -- means "Printer Description Files"

The pdf files are usually created in such a manner that they are easy to store in the secondary disks (like floppy, CDs etc) for permanency of record and also it is in a neat format for editing and taking the printouts.

If the files are in the normal word or text form, the formatting etc will havetobe done manually to make them adhere to the generic protocols of printing. Also for users directly using the web, it is OK as long as the site is on and going and the web connection is in existance. For permanancy of records, it is best to have it allin pdf files.

Hope this helps,
    Purnima