Download here! - 21 GOLDEN RULES FOR INDIAN WOMEN - An Experience Guide!

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by Induslady, Jun 19, 2008.

1. kazakalyani

kazakalyani New IL'ite

A wonder ful Post:thumbsup ! Thanks for all your efforts in putting them as a set of rules!:bowdown and sharing them! !This 21 rules may do miracles in many families! Hope we have to start a "new string" to share our Experiences by implementing this 21 rules.:)
    Thanks and Regards
    Kalyani :cheers

2. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Thanks , Malathy!The PDF is good.I have one small correction to be pointed out.The header says 21 GOLDEN RULES but the footer says, "23 GOLDEN RULES FOR INDIA(N??) WOMEN".Please change the same if it is possible.

3. radhim

radhim New IL'ite

I am not a regular here... but when the mail landed in my mailbox i downloaded and read it.

Quite surprised by the name of the E-book "21 Golden Rules for Indian Women". Why only Indian Women?? and why are they Rules???

While i cannot agree more with some things in the E-book i completely disagree with the others.

Why shouldn't a women say anything harsh??
    If a partner is wrong that means the person is wrong.. nothing to do if you are a wife or a husband.
    And why the wife is an outside person??? is it that when she has to do the housework/cooking and all she is a part of the family and for the decision part or a debate she becomes outside person.
    Does the husband sugarcoat his views and thoughts so that the wife doesnt get hurt???
    If the wife is hurt because of something the Husband said... she has to tell that she is hurt.. How does the guy know whats going in her mind if she doesn't speak up???
    Why should the Wife be sick for the Husband to do things around the house??? He has a responsibility to share the work, Just remind them and ask them to do it. I cant blame more the way the boys are raised, they never do any house-work or help mom around the house... How come when they grow up they suddenly take charge of things around the house???

I am not a feminist or anything but i just dont like the book. Somethings might work for some people but i still dont like to say them as Rules.

4. nagarathna.82

nagarathna.82 New IL'ite

Good One:wave:A must read for all. Thanks a bunch.:)

5. flowers2009

flowers2009 New IL'ite

I may not be able to agree with all the rules, but they were all so down to earth and practical,thank you.

flowers2009

6. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Very Good Thoughts,Radhika!:bowdown

I guess the rules that have been formulated for the ladies who have to save their lives from the men who never ever think of their wives as partners.
    If the men are good and they treat their wives equally(and if both of them are good) u need not look at all these rules.
    If u think from their perspective(who want to save their life) I would say this is the best thing to do.A LOAD OF COMPROMISE AND NO EXPECTATION.

But I am pretty sure that the PDF helps a lot of people who wants to lead of peaceful(I did not say happy) life.

I guess itz written Indian Women becoz we have a looooooooong way to go before we speak about equality.

The above is just my personal opinion.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  7. lailakhan

lailakhan New IL'ite

i could not get hold of the pdf file to download plz give proper site from where i can see it.
    thanx.

8. ssharman

ssharman New IL'ite

Radhika,

I completely agree with your thoughts.. But again, It'll be decades before we see women considering themselves as equal partners.
    I don't agree with some of the points here specially when it comes to women compromising for a peaceful marriage. A Successful and Peaceful marriage has to be an equal effort by husband and wife... it's not a wife's job.

thanks

9. sabraham

sabraham New IL'ite

Great points to keep in mind. Would be hard to practice, though, when the occasion arises. :bonk

10. sabraham

sabraham New IL'ite

I totally agree with you. There is nothing golden about these rules, and for goodness sakes we live in the 21st century. Most women have careers and contribute to the household income. Even if they don't work outside of the home, stay-at-home moms are educated and make a major contribution when it comes to educating the kids, and take care of chores at home.

So, if you are happy being the one to give in all the time, then this is for you. Though, I wonder how anyone can be happy having to do that all the time.