Doubts regarding hcg trigger shot with clomid

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by happygirl, Mar 19, 2014.

1. happygirl

happygirl Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, I'm on my 2nd ttc journey. currently im living in Singapore. I was blessed with baby boy 5 years back. At that time also I was conceived with some medicines I didn't remember the medicine name. At that time with just some medicine I was conceived naturaly witout any regular follicular study. I brought the medicine to Singapore, within ist cycle of starting with medicine I was conceived.

Now for 2nd ttc I went to same doctor in India again he suggested clomid .no luck so far with 4 cycles. so he suggested its necessary to monitor every month so he said its better to take the treatment in abroad.my periods are irregular always.
    Now im currently taking treatment in Singapore this was the first cycle. I was taken clomid 100mg for 2-5days so far no ovulation. He was saying the eggs were matured its best to give HCG shot to tigger ovulation. need some insight on HCG success stories.

For how many cycles I need to take HCG shot. Does HCG really triggers ovulation. I also read in online the hcg will release more eggs the chances are more for twins, realy im worrying. any inputs r welcome

2. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Dear Happygirl,

Welcome to IL.

HCG shot is usually given to trigger the ovulation and mostly the dominant follicle will alone get ovulated and not all. And ovulation might happen in 24-48 hours after the trigger shot .Ao have IC accordingly .

With clomid yes chance of multiple follicles/dominant follicles are high . But not all the clomid cycles ends with twins. It's just a probability dear .

Hope this helps

Good luck .

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Happy girl,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum. :)
    You can find our forum guidelines here...
    Actually Clomid will try to grow more follicles, not hCG trigger shot. hCG shot helps in triggering the follicles which are matured and the follicle gets released from ovaries. Thus ensures ovulation to happen. Since ovulation didn't happen naturally with this cycle, your doc must have prescribed hCG injection.
    Once you conceive, you may not need to take the injection. Or if the body is able to make up ovulation on its own, you don't need to take it. Just relax and do your part well without much stress. Rest will fall in place!

All the best!

4. ramyapilai

ramyapilai New IL'ite

Hi Happygirl,
    I am also very much in the same situation as you. Doctor in Chennai advised for hcg injection. But then we moved to Singapore on an urgent basis. So dint take the injection. So all that Clomid and follicular study taken that month went of no use. Here I am visiting kkh hospital. But they are not even considering my previous treatments and history. Am not satisfied with that. Can you please tell me which doctor are you seeing in Singapore? It would be of great help to me.. we are in thought of again going back to chennai for consulting the old doctor!! Any advise would be of great help! Many thanks!!

Regards,

5. sreesa

sreesa New IL'ite

hi friend,
    can u pls tell me about hcg injection