Doubts about Sai Sathcharitra parayanam

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by chinnirekha, Jan 12, 2012.

1. chinnirekha

chinnirekha Bronze IL'ite

Hai Friends,
    I want to start Sai Sathcharitra parayanam from tommorow ( Thursday to Thursday) .Do I need to take headbath everyday? Do I need to prepare prasadam every day or just fruits are enough ? I did parayana some 4 years back and donot remember about these things .

Om Sai Ram

2. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

Hi Chinnirekha,

GM. What ever the pooja be, its better that u take hair bath and do those. If you are able to prepare prasadham daily u can do the same. The easy ones with lentils will be good, else u can keep fruits or cashews, dry grapes and badham will be much better.

3. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

SAISATCHARITA

Shri Govind Raghunath Dabolkar alias Hemadpant is the author of SAI SATCHARITRA, Dablokhar’s poetic work runs into fifty three Chapters, modeled on the EKNATHI BHAGAVATH, containing more than nine thousand ovis or verses. Every chapter is a mixture of philosophy, anecdotes and teachings. Shri. Hemadpant had the privilege to compose in MARATHI, SRI SAI SATCHARITRA, the GITA for SAI DEVOTEES. The copyright of the Sai Satcharita belongs to Shri Saibaba Sansthan, Shirdi

In later years SAISATCHARITA was made available in ENGLISH & other INDIAN LANGUAGES, Today SAISATCHARITRA is available in TEN INDIAN LANGUAGES for the comfort and easy understanding in our own mother tongue. To read SAI SATCHARITRA online ( ten different languages) visit official SAIBABA SANASTHAN's site:

Reading, assimilating and thinking about Sai Satcharitra is an upasana. SAISATCHARTIRA contains the life and teachings of Sai Baba and is wide and deep as the infinite ocean. All can dive deep into same and take out precious gems of Sai’s way of living. It’s a TREASURE that a SAI DEVOTEE should possess in their POOJA MANDHIR.

The ENGLISH VERSION of SAISATCHARTIRA contains 50 chapters and EPILOGUE, the reward of study is given at the end of the SAISATCHARITRA:

Any sai devotee should proudly possess SAISATCHARITRA, and have the habit of reading a CHAPTER DAILY at the morning pooja or before bed and make everyone at home also be a part of it.

On special occasions every year like RAMNAVMI, GURUPOORNIMA, GOKULASHTAMI, BABA’s PUNYATHITHI one should either do SAPTAH PARAYAN or one/three day PARAYAN of SAISATCHARITRA.

By doing PARAYAN with dedication and devotion we learn to understand
    a. the life and teachings of SHRI SAIBABA
    b. we get closer to BABA and remember his always
    c. we pray for the welfare of our FAMILY
    d. we pray for the welfare of SAI FAMILY

Coming to SAPTAH PARAYAN or Doing Parayan on Consecutive Thursdays, Any Naivedya (fruits/raisins/sugar candy) can be offered. On the completion day, try to make it little grand so that you can distribute.

Shirdi SaiBaba our guru simply requires faith and complete surrender, so doing parayan with complete devotion is more important, the rest can follow as per your thoughts, there are no hard and fast rules, because is our guru/father just offer pranams to him that way and have complete faith in him while doing parayan of Sathcharitra.

May Baba bless each one of us and guide us in the right direction and fulfil our genuine wishes too

OM SAIRAM

3 people like this.
  4. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

With love affection and devotion read this book every day before sleeping you should read few pages and baba should be your last thought while sleeping. Last day you can prepare prsadam and feed a poor. He needs love and affection and patience do it with all you are going to be blessed.
    OM SAI RAM

1 person likes this.
  5. chinnirekha

chinnirekha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sakthi ,

Thanks for information .
    I have done one week parayana twice when I was in India some 4 years back , but I do not remember about taking headbath everyday or not . As you mentioned I know that there are no hard rules that we shoulsd follow during parayana period .As it is very cold here now , I am considering of taking ordinary bath from saturday to wednesday and headbath on coming thursday. But I just want to make sure whether doing ordinary bath is enough or not ? Did you do weekly parayana ? If so what did you do ?

Thanks in advance
    Rekha

6. smitabk

smitabk New IL'ite

Got periods on my 6th day of baba parayanam

Hi,
    My name is smita. Today is my 6th day for baba parayanam. Suddenly in the morning i got periods all of a sudden. I felt so bad and even now im feeling . Can you please tell me what should i now? Do i have to do it all over again or continue once i finish my periods. I dont know what to do. Iam so disappointed. I dont know if baba is testing me in my tough times already. Please suggest something.

:-(

Thank You
    Smita

7. Saisakthi

Re: Got periods on my 6th day of baba parayanam

:welcome Smitabk sister to IL family / Sayee's fold.

As far as Sayee in concerned there are no hard and fast rules, it is your devotion and dedication is more essential, on those days have a bath be fresh and strat your parayan, do not sit in the Pooja/Bed room, may be else where in your home

BABA only looks for our earnest mind and not physical. For more information read PARAYAN index (sticky thread) in the same sub forum

May Baba fulfill your wishes and bless your home, SAIRAM

4 people like this.
  8. suvarnagirija

suvarnagirija New IL'ite

Hello All,

I am reading Sai baba parayanam, in the middle I got period. I am so worried and confused. Can someone pls help me whether I can still continue to read the Parayanam or shall I start after finishing my period (Or shall I read from beginning)? Does any of you red Parayanam during your menstrual period?

please help me....

9. Saisakthi

:welcome Sister SuvarnaGirija to IL family and Sayee's fold.

I have been reading Parayan on all 365 days, as far as Guru Sayee's is concerned only pure devotion and dedication is essential.

Just have bath, sit outside pooja room in a calm place and do your parayan.

this is just my opinion, Sairam

May Baba guide you always. Thanks

1 person likes this.
  10. vandanabandi

vandanabandi New IL'ite

can we sleep on matress while doing parayan...Please let me know.... :(