1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dos and Dont with indian Friends/Relative?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by EnlightenedSoul, Oct 29, 2012.

1. shonb

shonb New IL'ite

i mean i do no how to handle this backstabbing either cut the friendship or fake smile what is best

2. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

Either I am too naive to have noticed most of the backstabbing/comments/issues mentioned here or too blessed to be among good friends.. or too OK with whatever..

Hey.. paradise is paradise whether it is owned by a fool or a genius. :rotfl
    - Queen of the paradise. :queen

sindmani, fencesitter, steve and 3 others like this.
  3. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

:hatsoffBow:banana:clap Thank You :)

1 person likes this.
  4. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

I know I tolerate and accept a lot from people I like and get irritated when others act the same way...irrespective of whether they are Indians or not. Could it be possible that your personal feelings of like/dislike make these acts stand out?

sindmani likes this.
  5. Vrindavipul

Vrindavipul Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I am going through the trauma you people are discussing here. I suddenly find this thread and for one second I felt it's my story. When we people are in our own country we don't bother about the person on street or in a shop. But when we meet our own country ppl ...........anywhere else. We do expect something. I usually keep distance with all my neigbors. But I see people enjoying life ......with no deliberate distance. I tried just now.....and rest is history. Why do they do this? They are just want to pass time and enjoying. They don't bother to think about others' feelings. But it's true.......good human beings are on the verge of extinction.

6. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Taking people n life as it is will help us. I think we are becoming emotional here .every one has different personalities. Some are helpful, some are not. Some are selfless, some are not. True friends do exist. But its not easy to find one. If we find friends for fun only, lets enjoy the moment. Lets wait for true friends. I think my views will help some person with sadness. I wish every one great friendship with good people. I feel here in USA people respect their privacy more. That's all.

Mistt and EnlightenedSoul like this.
  7. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

I had this experience from same person 100 times !! We meet almost every week and she does the same thing .her shoes inside my house!!.When I read your post felt like she visited you too :grinning-smiley-048:

sindmani and Rihana like this.
  8. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

Hei how did you edit as your post ? I understood there is no editing or deleting allowed in IL :oops:

9. Ledacu

Ledacu New IL'ite

Buy extra slippers.. or get the spare slippers from hotels when you travel - thats what i do. When i invite friends over, extra slippers would be ready at the doorstep :)

penpaal likes this.
  10. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Hi
    This would help you I think from what I learnt
    1. Don't offer help unless asked.
    2. Don't door delivered food or any kind of day to day stuff, unless festival days.
    3. Don't reveal your weekend plans
    And do reveal plans if they want you to cancel your plans.
    4. Never discuss about kid's education, activities unless both the kids are off same type.

Do share sweets and Indian food on festive days
    Call or text them if you're visiting them though neighbors.
    Draw a big line stick to it.
    I made a mistake of not drawing a stronger line, now if I show up they think I'm bad