1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Door mat.

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Ami, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Hi pals,

I bought a few door mats but, one of them is real thick and it is quite difficult to wash in the washer.

In general, how does everyone wash yr doormats? And, also with my other mats, the bottom area has this kind which is made of paper or plastic which is easily peelable. So, everytime, when I put in washer(it is a thin type), those things are messing up the washer. I checked in walmart, but found everything the same, unfortunately.

Do suggest me some good shop names to buy better quality mats and tips on washing.

In India, preferably in Chennai, is there any fancy mats available? I read in some site, but could not find any. If so, pls do suggest me the shop name too.

Sorry for too many queries.

Rgds.

2. Roshni

Roshni Local Champion Staff Member Senior IL'ite

Try washing in your bath tub!

Hi Ami,

You can try washing the door mats in your bath tub, rather than put it in the washing machine. I used to fill the tub with 1/4th of water, add a little tide and then soak it for an hour or so. I then wash it in the tub by draining off the water and scrubbing it with the brush.

Try and see if you want. Don't soak for long.

Roshni

3. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Thanks, but..

Thank you Roshni for yr reply, but what if the dirts get stuck at the drain ??

Rgds.