1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dont let the cups drive you, enjoy the coffee

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Aug 31, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

In life everyone has stress and tension, instead of wasting our time worrying about the same, it is better to be positive and find a solution for the stress. I also worry about many things like when we are leaving for a tour I will be worried till I reach the destination that our luggage should reach properly. While in train also I see that everything is in its place.

When we had Narayaneeyam last Saturday for my Birthday I was so tensed that everything should go well and everyone should be attended properly. Not to forget to give the gifts and should not miss anyone. In that also I forgot about my friend's daughter to bring the gift for my close friend's daughter though I gave to the girl who accompanied her. My sis in law's husband was saying why are you looking so tensed , dont worry everyone will take care of themselves and noone will complain. Was saying see your daughter is so cheerful and was telling my daughter make your mother tension free and cheerful for which she said what to do she is like that cant change her. Any function she will be tensed and worry for unwanted things . She had taken good care of everyone and gave the thambulam also to everyone. After the function was over and everyone was very happy and complimented us for making good arrangement for everything and told that they were happy then only my tension became less.

Just read about stress and tension which my son posted in fb and so this snippet . I think you all might have read about this

A group of friends visited their old university professor. Conversation soon turned to complaints about 'STRESS' & 'TENSION' in life.
    Professor offered them coffee &
    returned from kitchen with coffee in different kinds of cups (glass cups, crystal cups, shining ones, some plain looking, some ordinary n some expensive ones.

When all of them had a cup in hand, the professor said:
    "If U noticed, all the nice looking & expensive cups are taken up, leavng-behind the ordinary ones. Everyone of U wanted the best CUPS, & that is the source of Ur STRESS & TENSION.
    What U really wanted was "coffee", not the "cup",
    but U still went for the best cup.
    If life is coffee,
    then jobs,money ,status & love etc are the cups.
    They are just TOOLS to hold and contain life

Don't let the CUPS drive U.
    Enjoy the COFFEE..

4 people like this.

2. BharadwajThiru

BharadwajThiru Silver IL'ite

Profound! There is a book "Don't sweat the small stuff" and Everything is small stuff!

1 person likes this.
  3. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

That's a nice one Viji Maa.

True indeed that in the midst of stress we actually forget the real purpose of what we are trying to seek or do.

I loved the coffee lines...

1 person likes this.
  4. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear viji,
    In a simple manner you brought out the essence of life!!! How to enjoy life. A wonderful job!Your words brought to my memory these words:

In dwelling, live close to the ground.
    In thinking, keep to the simple.
    In conflict, be fair and generous.
    In governing, don’t try to control.
    In work, do what you enjoy.
    In family life, be completely present.Here is a card.

[​IMG]
    with love
    pad

2 people like this.
  5. iyerviji

Glad to get your first fb and start the boni. Thanks for referring the book

6. iyerviji

RKG dear glad you liked the post. Yes dear when we are in stress we forget everything

7. iyerviji

Wow wow Padmini dear when I see you in my thread I feel I have got an award as you are a great writers and getting compliments from you is a pleasure. Thanks for the wonderful quote and the thought provoking card