Doggie - our special family member

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by navs23, Jun 13, 2010.

1. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

he looks so adorable! I too want to pinch him on his cheeks and give a big hug :)

2. gkshyam

gkshyam Silver IL'ite

What a co-incidence.... I was just reading this post now, and Kuttan came home, behind the maid, for his daily night's share of biscuits... :biglaugh

And I playfully teased him, that he's become famous, and we are discussing about him on the internet... hehe.. :rotfl

Yes, its difficult to ascertain what quantity is ok, and what should be set as the limit, with respect to feeding. The owners feed him rice and meat twice a day. And he comes to our place atleast 4-5 times a day, from morning to night, and has his share of few biscuits, during each visit.

I hope we aren't over-feeding.... on what basis do you folks set the limit??:idontgetit: Please share your ideas and tips... :)

3. gkshyam

gkshyam Silver IL'ite

Actually the problem began this way....

He used to look for opportunities to come to our home... and started by tagging along with any visitor who rang the bell to our flat, and enter along with them.

Inspite of all kind methods to ask him to leave, he never used to get it. And we started off this plan, :idea of luring him out of the house, by putting biscuit pieces outside on the stairs, so that he goes for them, while we can close the door.

Now the problem is, that it has become a habit. We have known no other way to politely get him out after a while, on each of the visits. And he too 'expects' the biscuits on most of the occasions.... :-(

What are the ways out ?? :idontgetit:

4. gkshyam

gkshyam Silver IL'ite

No replies YET ??? :-( Any help folks..????

5. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

My sister had a female Spitts called Stephie named after Stephie Graf.She was a adorable dog.Cute,small made had lovely grape like eyes.
    She understood almost anything.Whenever my sister got ready to go out,she would beg her to take her along.But whenever my sister said I am going to School ,she would not be insisting to be taken along.There is school behind her house,and stephie's time pass in the morning was to watch school children go past.She loved combs and bite each and every bit of it,excepting my brother in law's comb,she would touch it.Wonder how she knew.She would wait for him to return in the evening near the door.When he is out of town ,When my sister says he will be come back 2 days after,she would quietly go and sleep.She was scared of elevators and washing machines.She would run around when food and medicines are given.She hated bullock carts and bark very loudly when they move,stationery she does not mind.My sister used to keep kolu in a room upstairs and stephie used to lead everyone all the way up and see off them later.One day when it was raining,we were all in an a/c room,she barked loudly and went and stood near the back door wanting it to be opened,lo when we did she raced near compound wall ,to chase a cat!!!!!!
    She was very fond of boiled potatoes and cauliflower stalks.She knew each one of us by our names.She used wake us up every morning.She passed away last year at the age of 15 and we all still miss her.

6. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Thats so cute. They look so exited don't they? Lovely
    Please don't. I would love to read more of Bruno's stories.
    Do read my Shona's stories in my thread if you like.

Vaidehi

7. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

So sad to hear that Stephie is no more. But it was so nice to know abt her thru your post.

8. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Sure I would love to read abt Shona...

And yea....Dog's eyes speak volumes. They can emote excitement ....to sadness to mischief...... :)

By the way, I just wanted to request all pet lovers to watch these movies. They are sure to make your eyes wet.

Marley & Me
    Hachiko
    Eight Below

9. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Just wanted to share childhood pics of Bruno...

He was exactly like a small teddy bear :)

Attached Files:

10. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

Hi there!
    These are some wonderful stories...
    Couple weeks ago, my niece and her friend (Lydia) came for a visit to my house. They are both from England but have been living here for about 5 years. Lydia who is about 5ft tall and about 90 lbs, had actually come down to get one of her outfits altered. I invited her to dinner as it was almost dinner time. She joined us and we had lots of laughs over dinner.

As she was getting ready to leave, my niece and I wanted to see her off to her car. We got to the driveway and the neighbor's puppy started barking. The puppy was on a leash and the neighbor had him tied to the tree in the front yard. Lydia has fear of dogs, that I found out as the puppy started barking. She grabbed me so hard. Almost froze in her steps.
    After about 5 mins of convincing that it's ok, the dog will not come loose, we started off to go to her car. All this time she is holding onto me tight and running at the same time. We were both laughing and running as she thought the dog might come loose any minute now...it was pretty much a live comedy for eveyone around us.

Later on Lydia callled and said.."I'm sorry" I should have let you know before I started to run". All in all it was a good nite!

OOPALL!