Doggie - our special family member

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by navs23, Jun 13, 2010.

1. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Bruno's bro :rotfl

2. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Wow, Harley(nice name!!!) seems to be perfectly trained in house keeping, keeping the house clean and keeping insects/pests away
    Hi navs... actually my son named him Harley thinking that maybe later on we may get him the actual Harley Davidson!!!!.... yes he is a handful and bundle of joy...
    MORE ON HARLEY"S ANTICS!!!!
    sometimes we wonder what comes over him.. He stands on the balcony and barks away at the expanse of the sky!!... Its a sheer pleasure to see him play...
    There is a red plastic stool (the tall ones for bathrooms) on which our help sits and eats his food... well Harley discovered that he would like to chew it and whilst doing so the stool toppled and started to roll so he discovered that he could play and chew it... so thats one of his fav toys!!!.. he rolls and chews it all over the house!!! and he will not let it be in the kitchen.... it has to be next to the telephone table in the living room!!!! if kept anywhere else he will push it and leave it there!!! so my house is being re-decorated by Harley... my 4month old pet!!!!
    and we love it...
    K

3. aruna056

aruna056 New IL'ite

Hi Aruna,

Your Bruno is very Handsome.. I guess he must be having number of followers... huhhhh. He is awesome...

- Aruna (Anu)

4. aruna056

aruna056 New IL'ite

Hey Pet Lovers,

I do have a pet named dexture (Indian and german shepherd Mix). I got him home when he was.. i guess.. 8 -10 months old when i found him helpless looking out for his owner besides the road.

Although he is not a pedigree pup he is adorable and is considered as important member of my family and we communicate to him as we do with other members of our family.

Rite now he is 7 yrs old and yet very young at heart and active.. Insha Allah !! he should remain like that forever.. as he rules our hearts...

--Aruna Reddy ( Anu )

5. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Aruna,
    So nice of you to care for a home less dog :thumbsup.
    Wishes and prayers for his long healthy life :)

6. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kelly,
    It must be such a pleasure watching the pup play with things. Sometimes, it is so amusing to see that doggie toys that we fondly buy for them never seems to attract them and small things like a stool, sometimes just a coconut shell etc seems to keep them occupied for long :rotfl
    Wow, interior decorator, harley seems to be an all rounder :thumbsup

7. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Aruna! maybe not in the next few years(I dont want to get one and confine him inside the home). So, once we go back to India, definitely planning to get a pup :)
    We even thought of getting our doggie here, but my ils said a big 'no', my MIL cannot manage without the doggie even for a day :)

8. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Aruna,

So happy to know that u have adopted you Dexture!!! Do upload his pictures when time permits.Please.

9. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Sooo sweet of your MIL!!

10. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Hi Aruna,

Wow...Our names r same. And u r in Hyd. I was in Hyd for around 1.5 yrs. I just love Hyd.

Yea..Bruno is very popular. While in Hyd, we lived in a colony where most people worked in Air force. Most of the houses had a dog...some even had two dogs. When my mom came to visit me once when Bruno was still a puppy, she took him for an evening walk. And guess wat, one aunty in the neighborhood asked my mom - "Aap Bruno ki nani hain??".... :rotfl

Many people came to know abt us thru Bruno!