Does your child talk.....Poll for 10th Sep 2006 to 16th Sep 2006

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Sep 12, 2006.

Does your child talk to you about what happens day-to-day at school?

1. Always

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. Sometimes

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Rarely

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Never

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

The small talk after school with parents is the most essential communication channel. We parents need to spend quality time with them and have to build the trust in our children.

These talks about their school happenings is very vital to guage the child's friends circle too. We should guide them by giving proper advices so that they grow up to have a cultured social behaviour.

So how about your kids?
    Take up this week's poll:
    Does your child talk to you about what happens day-to-day at school?

My younger daughter has to give her Dad a minute-to-minute happening of the day as soon as he is back from the office.
    Whereas my elder one is shy and quiet and I have to keep on asking her about the happenings in her school.

An interesting incident told by my friend:
    Her son's teacher has asked him what is his mother tongue and he has replied: "Pink" , He came back from school and told her that obviously all the mother's tongue is pink and was wondering why teacher asked him the question.

Ladies, you can share about some interesting incidents related to this poll.

2. prapoo

prapoo New IL'ite

Does your child talk.....

Yeah, Its very essential that we as a parent discuss the daily happenings of school with our kids. This will also show that howe much attention they are giving to their class as well as to their extra curricular activities. This will also enhance the oration skill of the child.

Regards

Poonam Rajhans

3. Laxmi

Hi Poonam

Hi Poonam,
    :clap Thanks for sharing your views about the poll. Keep participating in the forums discussion and in the polls too.

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    I was one in a brood of children and so my mother never had spent any intimte moment with me. I had made up my mind that I shall be close to my children. So when I had to resign my job to take care of my son, I was not unhappy. I always enjoy the walk to and from school, instructions while going and feed back from my son while coming back. He used to come home by himself for the past 3 years. I always sit ready for his return and as soon as he comes, I shall switch off the tv and listen to his banter, laugh with him, and we chat for nearly half hour before he changes and sits for lunch. Now again this year, I go to fetch him from school and we walk hand in hand, talking and joking. I just love and cherish that time, that is entirely for me only.
    I feel that time is for moms, don't you think so?

5. Laxmi

Lovely Varloo

Hi Varloo,

Arvindh must be very lucky to have u as Mom. Only very few Moms do whole heartedly sacrifice their career for their kids. Deep down there may be some regrets but of course you are an exception.
    yes it is nice to share the day's happenings with your children.
    Well I do not go and pick my child from school as she used to come by herself by private van. But when she returns from school, I straight away rush her to the bath room for her evening bath. All the small talk comes when she sits down for her snacks in the dinning table.