Does they allow husband inside the delivery room in INDIA now?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by oleenam, Jan 5, 2012.

1. oleenam

oleenam Junior IL'ite

Hi all,

I have a plan to go back to India for delivery.I have few doubts to those who delivered there recently..

1.Will they allow husband inside the room during delivery time now?..I am asking this because in US, husband is allowed to be with wife throughout the process.

2.Is it epidural available during delivery now in India?Any one has asked for it/got it??..

2. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

Hi Oleenam,

I dont think in India husbands are allowed inside the labor room...

I think epidural is available in some hospitals in India... One of my cousin got it during her delivery...

3. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Hi Oleenam,

Yes they do allow your hubby inside the labour room in some hospitals(mostly in cities).Also you have to tell the doctor before hand about all this so that they can make necessary arrangements.

4. healthy-mother

healthy-mother New IL'ite

Just to add, most hospitals do not allow husbands. There is no basis for doing so, and you should insist on having your husband along with you. During labor he is the only source of support for you, someone who you can trust and turn to. Others in the room will be total strangers to you. In addition, your husband being there might also be a check on the staff not to do any unnecessary procedures. After all, birth of your baby is a beautiful, empowering experience. If you are allowed to labor on your own and give birth naturally, you will forget all the labor pain immediately after your baby is born. Your husband should be there with you to share in this wonderful experience.

M
    - Vijaya

5. oleenam

oleenam Junior IL'ite

Thank you ladies

6. Madhumidha

Madhumidha Gold IL'ite

I had my delivery in Chennai (E.V Kalyani Medical centre).
    They allowed my hubby to be with me during the delivery.
    Also, i had epidural also. Because of epidural, I didn't face any problem till now.

7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Congradulations on your pregnancy....May you have a safe delivery :)...
    to answer your questions
    (1)Many hospitals(not all) in india allow the husband inside for normal delivery....so always enquire beforehand...
    (2)Epidural is very much available in india in many hospitals...i was suggested epidural,2 of my close friends took epidural...

8. tuliplady

tuliplady Gold IL'ite

Yes, husbands are allowed inside the labor room in most hospitals.

Epidural is also available..BTW, a colleague of mine delivered a baby girl 16 years ago, in India and she had taken epidural. So it is not something unheard of in India.