1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Does NFL bugs you ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Sandee, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Sandee

Sandee New IL'ite

Most of our DH's are interested in watching it ,no matter what .Do you like the game or feel bored ? What do you do at that time instead ? Do you feel that he does not listen to you while watching it ? I sometimes watch it with my DH .I do my chores or be on my laptop :)What about you all ?

2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

NFL is great :)
    Though not as great as some of the other sports, which are greater :)
    But the greatest would be to embrace them sports all lovingly :)

3. reverie

reverie New IL'ite

I can understand if kids born or raised here get hooked on to it.

I can not digest the fact after wasting the first 25 years of their lives watching useless cricket in India,our DHs find something like the NFL or MLB or that cricket again to continue to ignore us here also...

Wish they go out and play and spend time with their families more...

Growup Dear Husbands...:bonk

P.S. Go Zips ...:cheers

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  4. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

My DH was an ardent NFL fan. These days we only watch when Pats or Falcons play. Initially I had a tough time understanding the game but it has definitely gotten interesting. I feel watching a game is also a nice way to spend time together. Plus we have had nice Superbowl parties :cheers

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

There is indeed a lot of strategy and a lot interesting plays+strategic decision combos :cheers
    And yeah SuperbowlBowparties are fun too.

Long live all sports :thumbsup

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  6. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

ROFL! You may consider to grow up to understand the sports :thumbsup

7. reverie

reverie New IL'ite

Thanks Spidey for your advice... Unfortunately I have IQ in single digits<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="Z-INDEX: 251658240; POSITION: absolute; MARGIN-TOP: 0px; WIDTH: 50pt; HEIGHT: 50pt; VISIBILITY: hidden; MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; mso-position-horizontal-relative: text; mso-position-vertical-relative: text" id=_x0000_s1026 o:preferrelative="f" type="#_x0000_t75" u1:spt="75" u1:preferrelative="t"><v:path o:connecttype="segments" o:extrusionok="t" u1:extrusionok="f" u1:connecttype="rect"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="f" v:ext="edit" selection="t"></o:lock></v:shape>to understand anything stupid or am too busy to grow as per your esteemed advice.

JFYI...I was ranked 287th in the WTA not long ago...Let us not just preach here smarty-pants...

I consider NFL as nothing more than WWF...I don't consider Cricket and all four American leagues as sports at all...

In their pure form,Baseball,Basketball,IceHockey & American Football were good till the 80s...Now the real sport stops with NCAA...The professional leagues are nothing but circus with a bunch of highly paid clowns in them...

If you want to really enjoy sport...do decathlon...or just run outside…do cross country...marathon...cross English Channel...or just go to YMCA…Climb Mount Kilimanjaro...go rafting…go skiing…Get off your ass and just do it...and stop preaching to the choir…

8. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Thanks, but I do get off my ass to play, you may have concluded that I dont play - but thats a wrong conclusion. But remember that even a Jordan may watch golf, and a Tiger Woods may watch the NBA - so what one plays and what are the different ones that people watch have no direct tie-in. And in anycase it is not relevant nor a necessary pre-requisite to watching sports anyway.

Even if you dont consider them as sports, fortunately or unfortunately, they are still very much sports.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  9. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

Hi Sandee,
    I love watching football. Whether it is on the weekend or Monday night or Thursday night...I set time aside to watch my favorite teams (MORE THAN ONE) play. I got hooked on it some 30 years ago and I just enjoy it. At first like most, I didn't understand much about the game but as years went by, I educated myself. I know a thing or two about football.
    I know how most women complain about the hubby's glued to the TV and watching sports, I on the other hand am one of the FEW women that is very much a NFL fan. My fav teams by the way are SF 49ers, Kansas City Chiefs and Indianapolis Colts.
    Are there any other NFL female fans out there?

Cheers!
    Oopall

10. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Thats nice Oopally. Do you watch other sports too?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010