1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does Men Share Everything To Mothers Before Marriage?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by nolife, Jul 12, 2017.

1. nolife

nolife Silver IL'ite

Hello,
    This is with respect to previous thread where match did not work out. I have explained the whole scenario to my friend and she told me that men are close to mothers and share everything during match making process and would change post marriage. Please pour in your thoughts

Sunshine04 likes this.

2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

oh yeah ! Some men do , After marriage too ! We like to call them mamma's boys !

lazy, Amica, BeingSoulful and 8 others like this.
  3. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Might be they used to share about how their day went or major happenings. But if they share about what they are chatting with a prospect, it's kiddish and God save you from such men. There is no guarantee that they will stop it post marriage.

sindmani, BeingSoulful and nolife like this.
  4. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

I don't think they share everything ever even they were close.

On funny note, but yes definitely after marriage :tearsofjoy:

5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

You can't generalize here.
    Does women share everything with their moms? May be yes, may be NO. Depending on their relationship with their mom, and their individual personalities.

The men I know do share certain matters with their mom before and after their marriage, but the focus may be different with time.
    But what they share with whom depends on their level of commonsense.

6. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

7. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

This depends on the relationship that they have with their mom. Not every guy is cordial with their mom before or after marriage and vice versa.

I have seen sons a lot closer with their father than the mother.
    Some have zero personal communication.
    Some shares everything.
    Some shares sensibly.
    Some has no boundaries.

My dh talks every other day with his mom, they talk about everything including relatives gossips. But he doesn't share anything about me or our home stuff or any topics that will raise issues later or will bother me. Apart from they still talk about everything. According to me, that's knowing the boundaries. I follow the same boundary when I talk with my folks too.

One friend is very close with my mom. She knows all his friends, who he goes out with, everything. But he doesn't open his mouth about any gal friends. That's his boundary.

Another friend's mom knows everything about him, his flings, parties, they share a very good rapport like friends but she never pushes her decisions to her son. She guides but let's him to make his choices. That's a moms boundary.

Another parties with the son n his gal friend, lol. It's a sweet sight.

Every relationship has its boundaries, not jus mom n son. So as long as one knows wen to hold n wen to talk and have proper balance. There won't be any issues.

P.s never marry someone only in hope that he/she will change. Because if that change doesn't happen or if the progress is slow, it starts to go bad, so fast.

Hansa78, sindmani, nolife and 2 others like this.
  8. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

Very much true

I had never a good relationship with my mother even when I was single as well as after my marriage. Even in my single days I never shared anything regarding me with my mother , needless to say the distance become great after my marriage.

But with my father I was always close while I was single and during my married life also. I used to share all information regarding my financial life and a professional life with my father but not the information regarding my personal life with my wife.

BeingSoulful likes this.
  9. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

It depends on relationship..some people are very close to parents and share everything..some share only as needed..after marriage usually they will share less as personal things between husband wife should not be shared for harmony of marirage.

10. shygal123

shygal123 New IL'ite

My husband still shares a lot of things. Actually my MIL has to keep report of everything happening in our lives.