1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does grooms family tks money frm Brides family?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shobanakamal, May 23, 2015.

1. shobanakamal

shobanakamal New IL'ite

Dear ladies,I ll b gtg married in few months in india.I just wanted to knw, is thr in india bride's family shud spend the money for marriage n etc...? :bang notdonesmiley
    What d hell? Y is tat so? Damn it? Dont thy feel ashamed of tis kinds stupid custom?

1 person likes this.

2. Rohanj

Rohanj Gold IL'ite

Yeah, I've also heard about that. But it's not something that is written on stone. May be it was so because, the groom side was not wealthy as the bride side. At that time it was understandable. But these kind of things used to take place in olden days in Swayamvar like marriage. Now the situation has changed, times have changed. Now I've seen bride and groom take the responsibility of their marriage themselves and their parents just have to attain the function. That's it. So, it is ideal that both the party should take the responsibility equally. If bride side party has any genuine monetary issues, then groom side should take the responsibility.

3. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Depends on the community/caste. Some divide the wedding expenses, some will buy all of bride's trousseau or give cash to buy trousseau and jewellery, while some will have the bride's side spend for everything.

Whatever be the case, its always possible for the bride to speak up and share expenses with the groom.

2 people like this.
  4. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Dear Shobana

Hearty Congrats.. You speak up and take a call amicably.

1 person likes this.
  5. seekingbless

seekingbless Platinum IL'ite

hi shoba,
    its different in m'sia. here the groom's family spend more. sometimes, the entire wedding expense is taken by groom and reception expense is by the bride.
    or both wedding and reception expenses are split in to two.
    but after i start reading the threads in this forum, i came to know that bride's families usually spend more for wedding.
    talk and get clear picture from your fiancé to avoid any misunderstanding later.

1 person likes this.
  6. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

Nope, the girl buys a slave for life.notdonesmiley

1 person likes this.
  7. shobanakamal

shobanakamal New IL'ite

Thank you sangeethakripa. :) Actually me and my fiancee wanted to share our expenses, eventhough he said 'No', i will pay for our marriage here.As i will be having "double expenses".But his parents and of course SIL... (sigh!)

8. shobanakamal

shobanakamal New IL'ite

Thank you sangeethakripa.
    We both planned to share the expenses here in chennai.50% - 50%, bcs i dont want later on thy blame my parents, that 'Oh thy didnt spend a penny'.I was just mad bcs, whn time our family spoke to them, thy all like.."oh no..no..we dont expect anythg", but behind us? asking my fiancee "Are thy goin to spend for the marriage, as our custom..blah..blah...blah..." that's wat makes me :bang

1 person likes this.
  9. paramlav

paramlav Silver IL'ite

Hearty congratulations dear.
    I think they are too smart. You speak out cool to your fiancee. Try to sort if not don't drag too much as these are common in India. Important is you & your fiancee relationship be happy have wonderful time enjoy these moments .

1 person likes this.
  10. SimpleStraight

SimpleStraight Silver IL'ite

Why do you want to go into that Family???

You still have time to Call Off and Choose your Life Partner and family who doesn't take money or gifts.....

For Every Action, There is an Equal and Opposite Reaction.