1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does God Keep Toxic People In Our Life So We Can Learn To Love Like Him

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ChennaiExpress, Dec 12, 2017.

1. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

I liked the serial Mahi way. It was weekend serial and I used to wait for each episode.

2. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

So many great responses. Will address them all.

That is good. You had self-respect to cut off this "toxic" friend. Lonely person may be in denial and accept this behavior in return for few crumbs of luke warm attention

I actually eat standing in the kitchen to avoid sitting in the living room while serials are on. Several story lines, and behaviors towards the wife/bahu are too hard to stomach.

See, I need to learn to how deal with a toxic mother that circumstances has made me stuck with. The art of living.

It's so debilitating otherwise. Lot of times I feel as if I'm forcing myself to act a way, respond a way to minimize contact, interactions else things will escalate.

Maybe I am stuck because I need to learn this art.

In this serial the mother is kind and loving, simple housewife. The father is telling the daughter to get out of this marriage. Really, what started as a nice, inspiring serial turned into rubbish.

Yes, it is. I tried telling my Dad all these years but he never believed me till he saw with his own eyes (the fake 911 call against him, and how she took my abusive ex side). How a mother can be worse than MIL towards her own daughter?

And people think we are making this up.

Sadly, this is all true.

Now I stand in kitchen and eat rather than sit in livingroom and surround myself with filth on TV.

Ignore the bad vibes - that is what I am learning to do.

If she ask what time I wake up, I don't give exact time because she will put negativity.

If I am carrying delivery of art supplies and she asks what it is, I reply its a surprise. Really, I try to give as little information as possible.

I need to slowly slowly focus more on medical education, rather than negativity (especially from her). Having difficulty shedding these negative vibes. It's possible, just bit difficult.

Ah, I haven't watched it.

I did enjoy Neeli Chatri Wali, where Lord Shiva is always advising his devotee Bhagwan Das. Only Bhagwan Das sees him. It was comical and heart-warming.

Nylaa likes this.
  3. Nylaa

Nylaa Silver IL'ite

I'm sorry you had to go through that. *sends hug*

If I may ask, how is your mother's relationship with her own parents? I've noticed that sometimes nasty, toxic people are that way because they have unresolved emotional traumas that they've never addressed and are deeply damaged themselves. That does not, in any way, excuse their toxic behavior but it sometimes provides insight as to why they're that way.

4. ChennaiExpress

My mother's Father was a drunk, emotionally/physical abusive to his wife. Eventually left her and lived with another woman, getting govt assistance.

My mother and her younger siblings lived basically as servants with her mother's brother's family.

And she was especially abused. But last year she visited India to see all those losers. They only like her because she is USA citizen and because of Dollar to Rupee exchange rate.

It's really sad.

5. Nylaa

Nylaa Silver IL'ite

That's quite sad.

It sounds as if much of her life was spent in a dysfunctional and abusive environment. It's possible that she has never addressed any that trauma and instead has chosen to lash out at people around her. Has anyone ever suggested that she seek some type counseling?

6. ChennaiExpress

Non one every suggested it. And if anyone suggest, she argues back, and say there is something wrong with us.

Nylaa likes this.
  7. Nylaa

Nylaa Silver IL'ite

Yeah, I think this is pretty common with the older generation. Many older people seem to think that counseling or therapy is only for "crazy" people, which is unfortunate because many people would probably benefit from talking about their issues.

8. ChennaiExpress

I wish there was some way I can help her, or make her see how her behavior was, is, and continues to be destructive.

A house divided has fallen.

Nylaa likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:It is once karma makes them a couch potato to watch operas or cinemas for hours on end.. they depict everything exaggerated to sell their wares. those behind the silver screen and behind TV are the ones making money and those sitting in front are made to worry, gossip and bother about those characters. there is no absolute no-toxic person in this world. a solid good honest person also at some moments or even at short notice turn toxic depending upon the circumstances or mood swings he or she suffers. The question of avoiding toxic persons in toto would remain difficult for ever without consequences. a poison can be removed with perhaps another poison. cancer cured with snake poison.
    Regards.
    God bless Us all.

10. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

I agree with Shri Thyagarajan.
    We may not be able to remove the evils totally from the world. All good makes no sense unless there is some bad element.
    The toxin is a relative word and one man's toxin is another man's nector.There have been plenty of discussions on this topic in great platforms by great philosophers and scholars.Invariably we have been advised to endure which cannot be cured.Many logically analyse these facts.
    If God has created everything, he must have created bad things also. Whatever done by God is for the benefit of human beings. So evils are also for the benefit of human beings.
    Others argue there is no such thing as 'evil' .It is only'less' or short of goodness.
    Unless you go out in scorching heat, you may not be able to realise the comfort of shade.Some sorrow is a must if you want to enjoy happiness.
    Jayasala42