1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does God Exist?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by pinky2cute, Feb 27, 2018.

1. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

I have gone through miserable life throught since my childhood till now when I'm in my late 20s.
    I was brought up pampered yet disciplined way by my father who believes in equality for women. My mother is typical housewife whose world revolved around pujas for God and taking care of us kids and my dad.
    My parents never taught us to do this or do that. They believed in God but never blindly followed traditions like making girls sit outside during periods or forcefully make us do something we dont like.
    I have always suffered health issues in my childhood and not only health but something or other kept happening back to back which troubled my childhood.
    As I grewup, I wanted to be a doctor as I have been through terrible childhood n wanted to be able to relieve others of sufferings n pain through this profession.
    My father always used to say that good people may struggle bt have beautiful life as they are honest truthful so God will always bless them and eventually the bad will be punished.

But till date, all that I have got in return of being honest, truth speaking, kind and polite are hatred, betrayal, hurt, more health ussues and personal n professional issues despite me doing and thinking good for others and praying to God always.

When I see the criminals, n bad people living long life while the innocent and good ones lives are lost, I get so angry n wonder n question... Does God really exist?.
    If yes, why is he giving pain to good people and letting bad people to kill or harm the good ones?.

Some may say its all karma... of past life or this life etc... But who has seen past life or future lives? We only know present life. ItsI easy to put blame on past life for present misery.

Human mentality is such that they try justify as per their belief.

But even though everyone has his/ her own beliefs, including me until now, I still wonder why would He betray the ardent believers in Him while not do anything to prevent the bad ones from causing harm?

We meet lot of humans daily around us. Some are good and kind and helpful so we consider them Godsent. When we go through betrayal or hurt by others, we question Him "why me?".

But what I believe now is that God doesn't exist. Not atleast for me. All through my life me and my parents have led an honest truthful life yet all wr got in return was betrayal, hurt, serious health issues, dirty mind games by jealous people and what not?

Why should we believe God exists?
    Where is the real "karma"?

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. papusridhar

papusridhar New IL'ite

I too have same Doubt. Does God Exist?

3. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

@pinky2cute , hugs.
    You are going thru a lot , especially now.

Does God exist?
    If you think he does, he does.
    If you think he doesnt, he doesnt.

Instead of analysing now, let things go and focus on "you". Try to spend time doing things you like and focus on your studies. Try not to question life now. Avoid stressful interactions with people even if it is your DH. Once you get some emotional stability, you will work your way out.

Remember , this too shall pass.
    And the serenity prayer
    "to accept the things I cannot change,
    courage to change the things I can,
    and wisdom to know the difference."

4. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

My kid had fever and said I will not take the medicine. We will pray to god and he will cure me. Then somehow we gave him medicine then again he said fever is still there. This incident made me learn that no matter God exists or not we have to take the medicine and have to wait for a specific time to come out of our disease.

Amica likes this.
  5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

While I believe God does not exist, you got betrayal and backstabbings not because you believed in an imaginary being but bcause you blindly believed in your fellow beings. Always treat fellow homo sapiens with caution and don't blindly bnelieve in them.

satchitananda and Indhradhanu like this.
  6. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

How does it matter whether God exists or not? Its a matter of once faith and believing in God has its benefits.
    But irrespective of your belief, ultimately its your life. You have just one life. So the karmas are in your hands. It doesn't mater what you hot and what you lost. Your life is ultimately about your decisions.
    You are the one who responsible for the road your life takes. Now you have two options.either go deep into self pity mode and doubting everything. Or take charge. Fight for it. You are in the process of becoming a doctor.have you ever thought why you? There are many people who tried but couldn't get into medical college for wide variety of reasons.
    When you face miseries you ask why me. Ask this question as well.you might find your answers

sindmani, Sunburst, ratan and 4 others like this.
  7. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

This has been an eternal inquiry. The answer could be those who believe ask no questions and those who don't need no answer. It is not necessary to believe in God for doing good work, be truthful and honest. It is not necessary to believe in God to love others.
    The mute question you have asked is why bad people leading a good life. My answer will be they are not. Outwardly they may seem to be happy but inwardly their soul keeps pricking them day and night for the bad deeds they did. A good person has no such trouble. One can deal with worldly pleasures but dealing with self degradation is never never easy.

sindmani, Sunburst, ratan and 7 others like this.
  8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Maybe he does May be not ... Don't see 'The Supreme' as someone seated high settling all good and bad scores like a referee.
    You are what you are because it is your true nature. This is who you are. compassionate, loving kind honest and truthful ... Thinking good for others is your true nature ...

We do not know why certain things happen but we all were there at one point "Why me?" .... It's natural to question and doubt when in deep pain. As someone said when my kid is sick though I tell her to chant Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra to keep her positive I still give her medicine. Another poster also said of all "You are training yourself to be in a noble profession". You could save many lives in the near future and be a Godsent to many. This too shall pass. Stay strong.

9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Now you know that God doesn't exist. Many people come to this realization after a life event or set of life events that make them question their belief. Take strength in your new knowledge. Don't question why you believed in God for so long. Don't rue that you spent so much of you life believing. If things change and you start to again believe, go with that flow too.

Karma - not driven by God or something divine, but usually, good deeds and bad deeds do catch up with people. In ways not always known to all.

I am very sorry for your loss. It was miscarriages, infertility and heartbreak from family in India that lead me also to start questioning God, and then gradually acquire the confidence to stop believing. There are no words to describe the pain and hurt you are going through, but, as with every pain in life, this too, shall pass.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    libran, sindmani, Thyagarajan and 2 others like this.
  10. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

yeah, same thing coming in my mind for past few days after seeing some war pictures and syria child death pictures.
    i still believe god is there... But why god is not saving poor kids, females and not giving punishment to fraud politicians, rapist and criminals...

sindmani and Thyagarajan like this.