Does God Exist???

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Shakthi, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Shakthi

Shakthi Senior IL'ite

<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->BEST EXPLANATION EVER!

This is one of the best explanations of why God allows pain and suffering that I have seen: A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed.

As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation. They talked about so many things and various subjects. When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said:

"I don't believe that God exists." "Why do you say that?" asked the customer. "Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things."

The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument. The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop. Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and unkempt. The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber: ​

"You know what? Barbers do not exist." "How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber. "I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!" "No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside." "Ah, but barbers DO exist! That's what happens when people do not come to me." "Exactly!" affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES exist! That's what happens when people do not go to Him and don't look to Him for help. That's! why there's so much pain and suffering in the world."

BE BLESSED & BE A BLESSING TO OTHERS!

2. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shakthi,
    That was funny and very thoughtful too.
    Keep posting.:clap

D.VIDHYALAKSHMI

3. Leo

Leo New IL'ite

Hi Shakti

That was really good:-D

4. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Awesome:clap

5. malar

malar Bronze IL'ite

Well explained

Shakthi,

That was a good posting about God's existence. It is really well explained about the belief / faith in God.

:thumbsup Malar

6. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Sakthi,

That was such a simple explanation but with so much of depth.....great fwd...thanks for sharing!

7. Saniya

Saniya Junior IL'ite

Sakthi,

Its really great example.

Saniya

8. archukoratty

archukoratty Junior IL'ite

This is a very good message which is explained in an excellent way.
    Nice.
    Archana.

9. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

source : a fwd msg

Have you ever been just sitting there and all of a sudden you feel like doing something nice for someone you care for? THAT'S GOD talking to you through the Holy Spirit.

Have you ever been down and out and nobody seems to be around for you to talk to?

THAT'S GOD wanting you to talk to Him.

Have you ever been thinking about somebody that you haven't seen in a long time and then next thing you know you see them or receive a phone call from them?
    THAT'S GOD. There is no such thing as coincidence.

Have you ever received something wonderful that you didn't even ask for, like money in the mail, a debt that had mysteriously been cleared, or a coupon to a department store where you had just seen something you needed, but couldn't afford?
    THAT'S GOD knowing the desires of your heart.

Have you ever been in a situation and you had no clue how it was going to get better, how the hurting would stop, how the pain would ease, but now you look back on it. . .
    THAT'S GOD passing us through tribulation to see a brighter day.

10. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hi Sonia,
    That was lovely.......well actually come to think of it , we take all these things for granted. I liked this one....
    Have you ever been down and out and nobody seems to be around for you to talk to?
    THAT'S GOD wanting you to talk to Him.

Great lines! Thanks for sharing.....had never come across these fwds before....