1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does exposure makes ladies vulnerable to attack outside?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by padma777, Oct 21, 2010.

1. padma777

padma777 Senior IL'ite

In the present society which is full of bollywood idols and mobile get-togethers, imitation has been a trend seen everywhere. Teenagers imitate the bollywood heroines (goddess?) in everything they do. Their dress ups, walking, talking and everything is a style statement now a days. May be that is a sign of women liberation! But the peculiar style statements reflect their personality. The patterns of dress are such that, major parts of the body are exposed. Tight fittings with stitches on particular parts makes the dress costly to be purchased by a poor girl who is also obsessed with the idea of modernity. Perhaps this is a reason why women are vulnerable to attack outside by their boyfriends, colleagues, teachers and relatives. There are of course innocent girls who are one sided victims suffer for no fault, there are others too who adopt an aggressive look which in turn gives rise to stupid ideas in dirty brains and encourage them to do mischief and advancements. In view of the above ur ideas are heartily welcome. Do u agree or disagree? Please proceed........ :crazy

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010

2. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Padma,

sometimes the "liberation" part crosses its limit and that may be the reason. But again, the definition of Limit varies everywhere.

whether they dress like that or not , women are vulnerable to attack even now Padma.

Some culprits do not change, I speak from my own experience (that too today). Even if the girl wears fully covered chudi, some rogues are there to tease them.

1 person likes this.
  3. PPrasath

PPrasath Senior IL'ite

HI Padma and Raba
    Good points.

I would say there are 2 exposures
    1) exposure of your self - badly dressed
    2) Exposure of you to (bad) place

I am not against exposing yourself but there is a limit and if you are exposing, know where to go..

Dress for the occasion and for the place where you are going...:thumbsup this has helped me to be in the top and to be safe.

Younger generations are lost and dont know whom to immitate and this means a lot of resposiblity to the parent which they over look.

I would strongly suggest that family and parents can make difference to their kids and to the generation as a whole.

1 person likes this.
  4. Akkinenirockz

Akkinenirockz Bronze IL'ite

Agree with Pprasth :cheers

Its all depends on the occassion for which you dressed.

The ratio is coming down. All the boys are not that bad.

I have been with girls in my college days who comments on the boys how they dressed and how they look..:rotfl

The new generation parents granting their selection as the latest fashion but they are not thinking about future sensvity of the girls. How a girl will know if the parents dressed them with shorts and mini skirts from 3years old.

1 person likes this.
  5. PPrasath

PPrasath Senior IL'ite

padma777 this is very good thread.. thanks for starting
    but
    i want more ladies to participate in this thread and love to hear their view too

1 person likes this.
  6. padma777

padma777 Senior IL'ite

PPrasath, Akki & Raba,
    Thanks a lot for ur comments. As Akki said, all boys are not bad. There are also people (Man) whom u will feel secure with.
    Raba has said to have faced an incident that day. May God save her. U r innocent Raba and God will protect u from all sorts of adversities.
    PPrasath is right. Exposure means 2 things-body and place. Fully clad if we go to a lonely place in the night then we r likely to face danger.

Waiting for some more contributions...

1 person likes this.
  7. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

I agree with Akkini..modern parents are encouraging their kids with exposing dresses..how the kid know its worng...before that..nowadays young mom too dressing very badly in public..child learns everything from her mom..she wont feel shy to dress up like her mom in future..
    i agree with the point -not all men are bad...there are many decent guys.. if a woman wore a exposing dress..any normal man would give a second look..its their nature....

saree is our traditional dress(its more exposing than chudi) but many women are not wearing it in the proper way..so its in the hands of the woman how to dress neatly in public..and how to behave gently (body posture will also attract some eyes irrespective of dress)
    the third rated guys are always there in our society..they give same response to neatly worn and exposing female..but all other men react only when the mistake is in women side..

Its not like all women wearing exposing dress are bad..only they shoud know their limit in their dressing as pprasath said..

1 person likes this.
  8. padma777

padma777 Senior IL'ite

Thanks Cinderela06
    U have seen from the logical point of view. Only bad natured people look at all women. But nice people too look twice to the odd. What ever it is, only odd things are eye catchy. Similarly not all ladies are good, and all ladies who wear odd dresses are not bad. We see good and bad everywhere. Nice post. Thanks.:thumbsup

9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

More than dressing the " place and time" is important be it in any part of the world!!If u are completely covered and walk alone in a dangerous place,well bad things are bound to happen.If u are dressed up sexily and in a upscale party with similar sophisticated people then problems do lessen.

Just pick the right place and time to wear what you need.that's all.Dressing is never a problem.