1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Does coffee help regularize periods?

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by payasa, Dec 17, 2011.

1. payasa

payasa Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends,
    I have always had the problem of irregular periods. But for the past few months they became regular, and now I can be confident when I'm going to have my next period!! The only change I think is drinking coffee every morning.

I never used to have coffee/tea earlier, and even now I don't crave for coffee. Since the past 6 months I am going to office really early (7.30 in the morning), and to keep me awake and give my mind a kick, I have started drinking coffee in office (just half a cup of coffee and little cream). I don't have coffee or tea or milk any other time of the day.

Now, I'm really wondering if it is coffee that is making my periods regular?!?! I have not changed my eating habits or lifestyle, no worries/tensions, no anxiety or mood changes. But all of a sudden since the past 6-7 months my periods are regular!!!

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Payasa, normally doctor advise to stop coffee when any serious health problem is there. It could be just a co-incidence. by the way, did you check with a good gynaec why you got irregular periods? Good to know that it got regularised now.

3. sudhasuresh

sudhasuresh Silver IL'ite

Hi payasa

I was wondering how coffee could work like that? May be its just the coincidence as mimur9 have written.
    I feel pomegranate fruit is the best for all such problems.

regards
    sudha

4. aarta

aarta Silver IL'ite

Thnx for information SUDHA!

Warm regards
    Aarta

5. IlovemyMom

IlovemyMom Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    As others have said coffee could not be the reason. Sometimes due to office tension your periods would have been irregular. Now that you start early and relax your mind by taking coffee the periods would have become regular. I am not sure. Do take lots of fresh fruits/veggie.