1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does Anyone Else Think That Full Length (saree) Blouses Don't Look Pretty?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Nylaa, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Nylaa

Nylaa Silver IL'ite

I've been looking for some longer saree blouses and I can't seem to find any that look nice (and that includes designer). I've looked on Pinterest for inspiration and have found of couple of pictures of looks that looked okay but even those looked a bit frumpy. It doesn't help that I'm semi-tall and thin and sarees don't look that nice on that type of frame.

It's normally a non-issue because I don't wear sarees all that often (mostly wedding functions) but I have an engagement party coming up in a couple of weeks and I have an outfit that I really want to wear. The blouse is sleeveless and is similar in cut to this one (below). The problem is that my husband doesn't like it and finds it overly "revealing" for religious reasons (his, not mine).

To each, his own but I don't think that full length, long sleeved tops look nice with sarees. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

manasaprathysha, Nonya and Naari like this.

2. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

For religious reasons ? Or his own reasons? Nice that we can blame religion for everything.

But, to answer your questions:

1. No , I don’t think full length saree blouses don’t look good or pretty , you mean full blouse & not full length sleeves right?

2. No , I don’t think the pictured blouse is too revealing or anything esp if you are slim & tall, you shd be able to pull it off.

But if your Dh is nice otherwise, I wouldn’t get into an argument just for a blouse.

Nylaa, nakshatra1, sindmani and 2 others like this.
  3. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

On the contrary, I think full sleeve saree blouses are stunning. Have you tried a long sleeve crop top made of jersey or rayon? For long sleeved blouses, I prefer solid color, simple styles.

Nylaa, sindmani and Amica like this.
  4. nihitareddy

nihitareddy Silver IL'ite

Hi
    It's just my opinion I may be wrong also if so I am sorry
    If you r really looking for long sleve blouses then to get wow factor for hands for for some lace materials for example the one with priyanka chopra one.
    Then the 2 nd opinion is maharani style blouse with collar they look nice. You have got lots of options
    I am just posting some pics which I like from net . They may help you.

Attached Files:

manasaprathysha, Nylaa and Amica like this.
  5. nihitareddy

Some more

Attached Files:

Nylaa likes this.
  6. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Saris and sari blouses are very versatile. They conceal or reveal at the wearer's discretion. Simply draping your sari differently would cover your back enough to please your ILs in that blouse.

Do a Google image search for "long sleeve sari blouse designs" and you'll find a few that'll satisfy both your tastes and your DH's sense of modesty. :D

Meanwhile, a cardigan or shawl can conceal all your "sins" in winter. ;)

Nylaa and sindmani like this.
  7. nihitareddy

Since u said that you already have matching blouse for your saree and u r reconsidering to wear it coz of husband then then take it to the tailor and put a net on the back opening and also u can get some zardosi work or stone work on the net. And use the same net for the sleves as well and a work around it wrist. By this I can give re-birth to ur blouse

Nylaa likes this.
  8. nihitareddy

Thts how I got my old blouse changed to new one coz now sheer and high neck are trending

Attached Files:

Nylaa likes this.
  9. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Sorry, not a fan of full length blouses. Needs to be done right , a little ill fitting and one can look very frumpy.

Nylaa likes this.
  10. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

If only these can be worn to office (in USA) .....

Nylaa likes this.