Does America still show "White Man's Complex"

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by GarghKavita, Aug 19, 2009.

1. GarghKavita

GarghKavita New IL'ite

The recent frisking incident with Mr. Abdul Kalam and Shahrukh Khan has pretty much proved that what world thinks about Americans is true. They are arrogant people, who care little about anyone who's not rich and White like them.

Do you think that America still thinks that it is superior than people from other countries? What will you call their reaction- Arrogance or ignorance?

2. renvem

renvem Senior IL'ite

for god's sake stop this discussion......that's not a right attitude to keep when we are talking about security

the incident about Mr President can still be argued about as he is exempt from all such checks after holding the presidential post in india

shahrukh khan is finally a common man....and there should not be any preferential treatment given to anybody by a security agency...otherwsie it'll be easy to slip through the holes for those scaremongers by disgusing them as superstars...

tell me when u need to go somewhere urgently and some superstar passing by creates a jam....or say get a preferential treatment ...do u approve of it....why should approve of such things....

they are getting all attention by media...thier pockets are full of cash and have millions in their accounts...and plus they want to enjoy luxuries with the security too...come on....

3. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Yeah , I too share the same opinion as renevm.

What happenned to President Mr .Kalam is bad.It should not have happenned.

Please do not equate SRK and Mr Kalam.

To answer your qn ,

Yes, Americans still think they are superior(not all but majority).I would say it is arrogance over ignorance.They do not realise that world has changed(frog in the well???).Can u imagine they still think India is a place of malaria and filled with jungle?When I was in Minneapolis there was an exhibition and people all over the world had participated in the same.The pictures they had posted on India was just pathetic.They had posted the photos of a girl getting married with donkey , some women cooking in open space,people taking bath in the water along with buffaloas , peeple begging etc..etc..But not a single photo on our developments.

Travel in AI flight (from london to US)you can see a lot of comedy shows.The white ladies will change their places if they are placed next to an Indian.It happens in our own(Indian) flight and our dear fellow brothers will just change their places with "all due respect" to their feelings.

A person will feel superior only if the other thinks he is inferior.That is what is happening in our case.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  4. spap

spap Senior IL'ite

I don't know if the common American man is arrogant. Most of them I deal with daily are nice. Yet there are some and I would specially say the immiragtion office or the airport security check people are arrogant. Normally when you meet anyone here, they smile and ask how are you etc., but not in the airport.. Try smiling at the immigration people at the airport and they don't respect you even a little bit.
    Try visiting the US consulate and you will know how you are treated.

India is increasingly being known for its slums. Thanks to Slumdog millionaire. There is much better India the world needs to see which apparently is not portrayed in the Oscar winning movie.

As bhuvnidhi said, we are making ourself inferior by thinking the rest of the world is superior to us.

5. renvem

renvem Senior IL'ite

i don't know but i feel we have a lot of introspection to do here

everyone has a tendency to NOT doubt their own people and doubt outsiders as u know little about outsiders....there's nothing wrong in it....

when u're doing security checks ...it's ur duty to be emotionless...else u'll be giving favours and making potential mistakes....but yeah that means everyone should be treated equally...indians and americans alike...and it that's not true to a large extent...there is a problem that needs to be rectified

we're all arrogant in some way or the other...aren't we....?

caste structure still exists in india....we're biased and arrogant to our own people here in india..........most of the times becoz they have certain surnames...educated people are not ready to marry their children in other lower castes or lower economic background...aren't we being arrongant here to our own people....it may not be based on color...but it has the basis of caste or money in the pocket

i have several friends

6. CynthiaG

CynthiaG New IL'ite

I think America does have a white man's complex when it comes to other countries. USA thinks that they are owners of the world and its their job to teach the whole world how to live.

Why else would they go and invade Iraq like they did? They destroyed the country for its oils. Now, who in the world gave them the right to do that? They are arrogant and they do practice discrimination. :rant

7. shravanicool

shravanicool Junior IL'ite

One thing that I would like to tell you that there is no such thing as "White Man's Complex" in the United States.

Americans are security freaks and they are highly sensitive people. Why? Because they don't want another 9/11,in India we keep these open minded attitude to this level that actually terrorists cross the sea border with "boats" and neither the Coast guards nor does the NAVY gets a wake up call.

All the corrupt ministers and vvips were safe and secure while brave officers like karkare, salaskar, kamte died a very unheroic death. What has the government done about it? Is there any internal security? Where is NSG in metropolitan city like Mumbai? What about the humiliation of Major Unnikrishnan's father? What about the stupid statement of our respected PM?

Shahrukh should leave karan johar and aditya chopra if we wants his stardom to retain. They want to sell their films in Pakistan and are making him their face.

Non-violence towards terrorists is making the country pay a very bloody price

:bang

8. jasminderkaur

jasminderkaur Senior IL'ite

I totally agree with you. We are paying the price of not securing ourselves as much as Americans have done. We should've secured our coasts much before 26/11, but our govt. was too busy saving itself and fighting with Left parties to give a damn about our secuirity.

Our home minister on the other hand, was too busy changing his outfits while touring the sites of bomb blasts...

So, don't blame America, rather learn from them.