1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does a toddler have to wear diapers always in US at home esp on carpeted floor?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by saarang, Dec 20, 2012.

1. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

I would like to know if a toddler always has to wear diapers at home in US in a carpeted floor at least. I would be shifting back to US again in the month on Jan and my DD is 13 months old. She does not wear diapers here in India during the day time. I am just beginning to start potty training but she isnt a master yet obviously. So pls let me know any other alternatives there which we can follow esp when the floor has carpet and not just wood.

2. saarang

Moms from US pls suggest what you all do..

3. OliveOyl

OliveOyl Gold IL'ite

Carpet floor means you have to have a diaper on. Get her pull up pants instead of regular diapers and continue with potty training.

4. saarang

Thanks OliveOyl for your response... She wears pull up pants here in India too.. But isnt it little difficult to wear diapers all the time.. Anyways we have no choice i think.

5. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

isnt 13 months too early for potty training???

my son is 13 months too but he starts playing around in water bucket etc forgetting the "susu" when i try to train him for susu!!

regarding diaper i have no idea though

6. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

You can try cloth diapers for day time..very popular now a days....

7. saarang

I guess it is ammani.. Most of the times when I tell her go to "susu" in bathroom and show her the bathroom, she says "aapuchi" (meaning bath for kids). I get to just laugh...
    But what i do now is every time she wakes up from nap i take her to bathroom and open the tap or make that "shhhh" sound.. She will do her job... This is what I have started now...

8. saarang

Could you pls help me with the shop where it is in india and if any brand that is popular. Frankly I dont know anyone personally who has used this. Thanks in advance!

9. visajay

visajay Junior IL'ite

I am using bum genius cloth diapers for my 15mnth old son during daytime . You can buy them online at smartbaby dot in website

10. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Saarang,

I believe you are confused seeing indian weather. Its more hot so wearing diapers may be sweaty. But in US right now its Cold and it wont be a problem .

Diapers are a necessity here for many reasons :
    - you cannot put your clothes out in the sun for drying , so its not hygenic to use Cloth diapers.
    - And Carpet cleaning is expensive around $100 , if you have any accidents you need to use Stain removers to clean it immediately. or else its going to stink .
    - Since you are living in the house you wont know the stink, but it will stay in the house.
    - Houses have full airconditioned rooms , so all doors are kept closed all the time. The stink from carpet does not get recycled.
    - If your baby does Poopy, how will you clean ? if its a diaper you can just throw it out .

Why do you hesitate to wear diapers ? its not that bad .. I think even in india most of them have started using diapers.