Doctor suggested Ovral G after D&C of my 9 weeks baby with no heart beat?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Chulbuli04, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Chulbuli04

Chulbuli04 Silver IL'ite

I was preganant after 10 months of TTC. But that joy dint last long, during my 9 weeks US, they said there is no heart beat, no fetal pole and suggested to do D&C. Day before yesterday D&C was done. Doctor suggested to take Ovral G from 25th Oct for 21 days. Also she told to consult her on 2nd day of period.
    Now my doubt is i read that Ovral G is contraceptive pill and it is taken to avoid pregnancy. Me and DH decided to postpone TTC for about 3 months.
    Should i take this tablet if we are not TTCing? Honestly i dont want to stuff myself with too much of tablets and mess with my normal hormonal actions in body.
    Is there any other use of this tablet apart from contraceptive action. Should i definitely take this tablet? please help ASAP.

2. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Smetimes after a D&C the doctors give medicines towards ensuring that your body's hormone levels return back to normal. These are also given towards giving your uterus enough time to heal and then allow the hormones to return to normalcy.

Some doctors just ask you to skip a cycle and come over in the 2nd cycle, some wait till 3 months. Its more towards ensuring that your body heals ...either with medicines or naturally. I know some doctors who take a conservative stand and just ask you to ignore the medication...just have the initial medicines after the D&C to flush out the tissues, etc and then allow normal healing..some do the medicinal route. I would suggest that your talk to your doctor and understand if she feels thats this is necessary or can you allow your body to heal naturally over 2 cycles.

Best wishes for your TTC and don't worry, see the positive aspect in this...you conceived which means that there is a very strong probability that the next time around things will go fine and you will be able to have a strong, normal and healthy baby. Be positive and have the faith....