1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Docs/Interview Questions for Applying for Traveller's Visa..(Visa for Parents)

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by Nila, Apr 5, 2005.

1. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Re: US Visitor Visa

Yes,they will have to show proof that they have their liabilities in India and so have to return to India.There was another thread discussing the same thing although I am not able to give you a link to that.Property docs,bank statements etc can be considered as a proof.

2. Radhikarao

Radhikarao New IL'ite

Re: Documents required for applying Traveller's Visa ....(visa for Parents)

Hi ssubhasr,
    Great work.....so much information under one roof.I have a querry "can my parents come to US...without a sponsorer just by proving that they are self sufficient..financially...and can bear the expenses" pls let me know ur idea...iam onH4...my hubby on H1.
    Radhikarao

3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Radhika,
    Yes it is possible. See not all people will have sponcer in U.S right, so if they have sufficient bank balance, financially strong.....they can proceed.

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  4. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Subha,

I have a doubt on this B2 visa....Sorry to bother you....I'm checking the VFS site for the visa appointment schedule calender for a week, but Only the msg comes with - 'not available now, so check back in 24 hrs'.. I'm confused whether is it possible to get apt. soon....since my due date is in Nov....feeling nervous....

Can you pls. tell me is there any other site to check the Calendar....will I get Tamil Interview dates before Oct?...Sorry if u feel i asked u a lot....

Thanks,
    Pinky.....

5. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Pinky,

I think subha should be very busy and counting her days,as her due date is nearing.

So thought let me share what i know. Plase keep checking that site for interview, i recently got my parents too (tamil interview).

Let me also parallely check and let youknow if i found tamil dates are available. You have to check continuously often. You have to book 3weeks prior for tamil interview.

Eg:If you check now, you will get dates around July3rd week free dates(tami)l. So for October i'm sure you willget surely dates before.

6. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Usha,

Thanks for your reply. I do not know that subha's due date is nearing....I feel sorry that I asked her a doubt...

Good to know you got the apt. dates for your parents. I was so worried bcoz whenever i checked the dates are not available. We started collecting the required documents, so let me keep checking for the dates.Now releived from my tension than before.Since this is second preg. I need to manage my older kid - tat too now he's in vacation....but he's a grt boy - samathu paiyan.....till now, my health is grt, but we doesn't know how it'll be and we badly think of r mom nah....

Thanks again,
    Pinky.

7. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Pinky,

Don't worry, just now also i checked for you. It says same, once i get the dates i will surely immediately PM you message.

Everything will happend in happy way, don't get tensed, as you got lot of time. If possible can you PM your phone number, so that i can call and inform you immediately also.

Don't wonder why i'm cared for you this much, because i was in same state last month, as i'm also sailing in boat as you:)). Now relaxed completely.

Take care buddy.

8. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hello All,

I am in the process of calling my parents to US , Can anyone tell me is somekind of property reqd in the name of my Parents or just bank balance is enough.

Thanks

Cheers
    vaidehi

9. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vaidehi,

Check Immigration Help - Green card, visas, Visitor Medical Insurance site visitors visa section.We can get A-Z all details.

Sponsor can submit, bank statement, W2,employment letter, pay slipetc along with Affidavit form

Whereas, visitor should show their property documents, other documents which will add strength to their visa.

Do let me know whether you need any other details?

10. chittidallas

chittidallas New IL'ite

Hi Pinky,
    I have seen your thread that you are looking for visa appt dates for ur parents. I am in the same boat. My due date is in Oct, but still i did not booked visa date for my parents in telugu. Everytime the website saying not available....
    Did u get date yet? how long it took for u to get the avail date? Can u plz suggest me...
    Ladies, anybody can suggest me on this problem/....

Thank You,
    Chitti.