1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do your ILs do the same thing?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by iamsrihere, Jul 26, 2015.

1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Haha best reply ! :sweatsmile: Don’t know why some MILs act as though we are there only to empty up our DH pockets ! :BangHead:

Joyoflife, sindmani and Archanaanchan like this.
  2. Rosey2018

Rosey2018 Bronze IL'ite

Haha hubby doesn’t stick up for me either as he’ll face her wrath. I meant when we go somewhere and I invite mil she invites her married daughter and hangs out with her leaving me alone. My hubby notices imbalone and he’ll hang out with me.

3. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

One of my cousin sister also did the same. When her Mil was too much interested to get nosy with her shopping ... When she got sandals especially she used to give it to her MIL and ask kaisa hai ? .... Sandal kaisa hai .. ! When her Mil realised she was hiding everything except Sandals.. She stopped to interfere with her shopping :thumbup::grin::grin:

4. Flower27

Flower27 New IL'ite

Hi, I have also faced the same thing with my in laws,especially my MIL feels that I am snatching away her son. No one treats me like a human.

5. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Well it seems like MILs are wired this way. All you can do is to create a bonding with your husband so that he wants to stay by your side, irrespective of what his mother thinks. Your relationship with your husband will be the solution for issues with Inlaws

6. Flower27

Flower27 New IL'ite

7. Rosey2018

Rosey2018 Bronze IL'ite

Can u have time out somewhere else? Like your parents place? So u can clear ur head a bit. Don’t bow down to in laws for the sake of husband. Just build a relationship with him that he’s always on your side. If inlaws say anything don’t respond and yeah don’t say anything to husband. Don’t rise to their bait so if they ignore u when u come home. U ignore that behaviour and act busy with your own work. Show u don’t care. Inlaws had their fun time when they were young. Why is it such a big crime when we do it?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Flower27 and iamsrihere like this.
  8. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Firstly, don't try to be submissive to in-laws,because they will start expecting this behavior always. Just do your work,and move out. If you don't like them,you actually don't have to be cordial with them. You can respond and talk only for necessary things.

If you think your husband doesn't respond to your issues with them, stop complaining about them because it will only make things worse. Instead try to keep your self occupied.If you stay with in-laws , give yourself some time to go out for job or some classes such that your time with them at home is minimal. And try to have a good marital relationship with your husband.

Your in-laws may be acting cold now, but they will age and will need you more ad years go by. So what they do now is temporary. That is why telling you to create good relationship with your husband, so that you will have a good life ahead.

Flower27 and Rosey2018 like this.
  9. Flower27

Flower27 New IL'ite

10. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

I guess its common ... Atleast your MIL only expressing nonvebally . Some people express verbal dissatisfaction and that's even worse .