1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do your ILs do the same thing?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by iamsrihere, Jul 26, 2015.

1. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

The truth is ,they never show to us that we are being dutiful/loving. They would try to find faults/compare with other family DILs saying she did this or that. They feel that our ego will rise if they appreciate us.

But to me, appreciation is motivation. With no appreciation from my MIL ,these days I do not take any much initiative to do things. I just go with the flow..

sindmani and salad like this.
  2. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Yes,ignoring has worked the best for me. I no longer expect any response.And MIL too knows that her tactics are keeping me unaffected.

sindmani and salad like this.
  3. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

I agree, ignoring is the only solution for this !!

4. zeppelingirl

zeppelingirl Silver IL'ite

My MIL is just the opposite. She wants us to go out every weekend.

But sometimes she spoils our weekend too, may be not knowing that we have booked tickets for movies. I don't mind since she is not a threat. She is not possessive of his son in this matter.

She does other things like asking me to wear jewels for movies, etc starting a conversation between me and husband, which ends up in a bad day. My MIL clearly knows we fight for such things since the first day of marriage, but I still don't understand why she brings it up when we get ready to go someplace.

Even our honeymoon got spoiled that way. We started from home after a fight over wearing jewels started by MIL. She knows clearly its not safe and comfortable to wear jewel while in travel, but she insisted me wearing it. I firmly said no infront of ILs and husband, which made my husband and FIL angry. FIL didn't even look at my face in airport when I told him by byes but gave my husband a goodbye kiss. I still dunno why he did that for a 1 week trip, but didn't give him kiss when he left abroad for a 3 months business trip. :tearsofjoy:

shravs3 likes this.
  5. September2015

September2015 Bronze IL'ite

My husband would rush our time together because his mom cooked something. Then when we were out with them we'd be out for hours and hours...no privacy EVER. They even walk in the room and sit on our bed---when we are in it. "It's not like we are DOING anything" my husband says. THAT IS NOT THE POINT I replied SMH.

6. Rosey2018

Rosey2018 Bronze IL'ite

Mines did the same many times even when my husband went for a big dental procedure. She proceeded to insult him when we came home after we tried talking to her!

Once we told her to come with us on a trip she quite rudely said ‘ no I’ll go with ‘elder sons name’ you go to your mums sisters place. Hubby looked so sad. But great thing is elder son hasn’t been back to mila house for 5 years now and won’t comeback till his visas done.

See we try with our MILs to be kind yet the monster inside takes over. If we do invite her somewhere she’ll bring her married daughter there too. Don’t mind but she isn’t very nice either and they leave me out. Luckily husband sticks to me like glue in these instances.

7. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Same ignorance working for me too.

8. Neetu2323

Neetu2323 Senior IL'ite

I can relate to this. How common is this ?

9. Neetu2323

Neetu2323 Senior IL'ite

Lucky you..
    My husband doesnt stick up to me..
    where am i going wrong??

10. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Haha your reaction is priceless !! I am laughing like crazy !