1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you wear saris on a regular basis?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by flowerlady, Jan 6, 2012.

1. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Elders insist on a sari, youngsters love to wear other types of dresses and wear a sari only under duress .
    Amongst Indian dresses a salwar-kurta covers a person from top to toe and its very practical for work at home or outside. Its nice for a journey too as the sari pleats pose a problem in the long run.
    A sari keeps flowing here and there and taking care of a child wearing a sari is a challenge. Also one has to keep the pallu properly or the blouse and tummy is exposed !
    Saris look gorgeous on formal occasions where one has to doll up and not do much work. :)
    No doubt a sari is a beautiful garment , so many heroines wear a sari for sensuous songs like Katrina K,Sridevi and others but would you like to wear a sari on a daily basis?
    PS -My collection of saris gets an airing only on formal occasions, pour in your views!!

2. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear Flower,

Saree is definitely a beautiful thing to wear. Talking about it being uncomfortable and exposing I do not agree with you. It depends on how you wear it and with what kind of blouse. Today the habit of the NUNS in India is a saree. Does it look indecent on them? Talking about comfort, it is a matter of getting used to, that is all. My mum and all my aunts wear saree all the time, even today, while sleeping too. Talking of saree my Grandmom never wore anything other than a madisar and she was very comfortable. So it is just a matter of getting used to it.

Regards,
    Uma

3. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

I would like to wear a saree for occasions but not on a regular basis. I takes a minimum of half-an-hour for me to wear a saree. Salwar-tops is more comfortable to wear on a daily basis. And, I am more comfortable wearing a salwar. With Saree, you need to watch everytime, whether it has not flown anywhere.

Best Regards,
    Sharmila

4. asrikandath

asrikandath Bronze IL'ite

I am quite comfortable in a saree.But I wear it only for formal occasions.On a routine basis I wear salwar or jeans.When you have a small child then saree is definitely not comfortable.

5. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

Things differ from people to people..

Few might feel comfortable to wear regular but few wont..

This is due to there way of tying and few of carrying themselves..

According to me,my husband personally dont like me wearing sarees so Im not wearing them

6. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

i love saress so much..i like to wear but i dont know to wear it properly... after marriage hardly i wore saree for 4 times .....i am very comfortable in salwar and jeans-t-shirt..

7. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

May be u take long time to dress in saree!!!!!!!!!

8. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

My opinion is same as you flower lady.I am comfortable only in salwars.Wearing saree needs a lot of consciousness.Moreover when ever I wear a saree my total concentration will be on my saree and it's quite disturbing when you are really busy doing something.

9. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

I love wearing the saree; and i feel if draped properly there is no attire that is as elegant and decent like the saree. But my issue like many here is that I dont know to drape it well; i at times try practising it at home- so that i can wear it on a more regular basis...

but comfort wise- my vote goes for kurtas

10. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

I love to wear Saree.But now its a tuff 1.During weekends while at home,temple i am wearing it.

I like pattu pudavai the most it gives a elegant look.