1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do You really Like Platinum ?

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by swarnalata.N.S., Jan 19, 2012.

1. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

My friend and I went out today . We stopped in a jewelry shop to get her chain hook repaired. When we waited, just did some window shopping around the shop. One section, they had Platinum jewelry. The prices was astronomical. And I was thinking to myself, for so much money, it does not look valuable at all ? My friend said, We are conditioned to liking gold only . I dont know, but certainly Platinum does not look great to me. If it is polished, it looks like steel , if it is matte finish, it looks like aluminium. Thats my view point.

How many of you really like Platinum ?

2. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

he swarna. I agree with ur views i too dont like platinum. We cant wear whatever if its a costly metal. It dont carry a genuinelook at all. Duplicate white metal jewellary seems the same as platinum. Then what's use buy so costly .

3. nnarmadha

nnarmadha Platinum IL'ite

i agree with manjubashini.. I too feel same..

4. anugamit

anugamit Platinum IL'ite

For those who like silver jewels rather than gold, platinum is better bcoz it does not turn black like silver. Moreover, it is tougher than steel or aluminium. It is better to wear valuable thing like platinum than wearing those steel or aluminium. I dont know if investmentwise platinum is better or not. Since it is costlier people may not prefer but it is longlasting.

If i have a chance, i would surely buy one.

1 person likes this.
  5. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Platinum suits white skin more thats why its popular abroad. Our skin color compliments gold and here people dont like the white silver look of platinum. Its a rare metal thats why its so expensive !
    Diamonds are generally set in platinum. Sure want it with diamonds !

6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi...nice thread....i always wanted to know the views of other ladies in this... :)
    to answer you q,no i never liked platinum or to say atleast i never felt it so precious compared to gold/diamond ever since i saw platinium...not even once have i felt the urge to buy the same...
    like few other ladies have mentioned here,i felt white metal is far brighter than platinium and even if i wear a nice silver ornament studded with white stone,that looks brighter compared to platinum....
    only if someone mentions that its platinum,i know...otherwise it looks like some artificial ornament for me..hehee...i believe its just a metal that i worn to show your status...i mean just for public...personally if you go and ask taht person who is wearing,they would opt for gold/diamond...JMO....

7. Socialbee

Socialbee Silver IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

In my view, a simple platinum chain with a diamond pendant can really suit u well if u wear it for casual outings or at work . For grand occassions , gold will go well. Also, these days in many ways I feel artificials looks much better than these costly stuff :p

8. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Dear Manjubashini, Narmada, Anila, Flowerlady,Swaran, Socialbee,

Thank you all very much for writing . Its nice to know everyone's different views on this. Platinum jewelry, when made delicate ,in modern designs, looks nice in all those advertisments , on those lovely young models I agree. But somehow I can't think of paying so much for it when it is going to look like costume jewelry from pavement shop if I wear it ! :) I think it needs a special kind of looks ( modern, young, upper class ) to carry platinum jewelry nicely.

But one thing comes to mind. If wearing platinum, There will be no fear of chain snatching thiefs, hehehehe ! Those fellows will not touch anything that is not yellow !

9. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

Am a kind of person who choose yellow gold (22k) over white / silver metal any time.

My DH gifted me a white gold set and that is the only reason, I have that set. I wear Sterling Silver ear rings some times, and thats about my white ornaments.

I have never even thought of buying Platinum, as I dont have any "attraction" towards it.

10. silkyheads

silkyheads New IL'ite

I can totally relate to what you ladies feel... A few years ago my friend bought herself a platinum necklace & wore it to another friend's wedding. People over there told her- Atleast for your friends marriage you could have worn something in gold, these artificial steel jewelry doesnt suit you ...........She was shell shocked...

Even if you wear platinum, nobody would know, whats the point! :)))))

1 person likes this.