1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Do you put Kolams/Rangoli daily..??

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by brindhak, May 10, 2008.

1. geetabhaskar

geetabhaskar Senior IL'ite

Dear Sharadha,

I saw your post regarding "Do you put Kolams daily" mentioning about Kubera Kattam and
    Anjaneyar Malai. What is the significance of these kolams in our daily worship. Could you please specify about them. Some more details please. Thanks

With Love Geeta Bhaskar

2. drwho

drwho New IL'ite

hi viji,

just a thanx is not enough, but still great work, it was really helpful. get in touch.

3. Pragadha

Pragadha Senior IL'ite

i am in sharjah first i pasted a kolam sticker infront of the door but the person incharge for cleaning the area took out the sticker and cleaned it nicely he is a egyptian or araby idont know. They never know this at all. So i started to put kolam with rice flour inside the entrance door. During navarathri i put kolam with kumkum paste as i dont have kavi but the stain is tough to remove.

4. sravy

sravy Bronze IL'ite

Hi ,

I used to put kolams everday . especially every tuesday & friday i put padmmam kolam in front of main door . we are staying in apartment so i used to put only small kolams ,is any body having any small kolam designs will u share some kolam designs . i want to put for deepavali ..............

5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

wish i could. before marriage (and thereafter always on the move to 'what's kolam' countries) we girls in the colony would put big kolams everyday. those were fun days. and me and my cousin used to share notebooks with kolam designs. sometimes i'm afraid my fingers will forget the art!

Latha

6. smilylittle

smilylittle New IL'ite

it is nice to know abt navagraha kolams.i used to put kolams at my mothers house but now i completely stopped doing this.

7. shisri

shisri New IL'ite

i put daily in front using only rice flour.i stay in an apartment.even though the space is small ,during marghazi month i put color kolams
    some of my kolams are in Kolam and Rangoli designs website. in the name of jayashreeganesan. daily my neighbour will see my kolam and will appreciate even though it's a small kolam.
    how to upload kolams in this website,anyone who knows please tell me.
    bye shisribonk

8. Victoryman

Victoryman Senior IL'ite

I used to put big kolam when I used to be in india.But here in london,I put small one in front of poja area.

But I really miss all experiences and traditions here.

cheers

9. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Shisri,
    I don't think you can upload photos until you reach 50 posts!

10. akilaakka

akilaakka Senior IL'ite

In US its not possible to put kolams..? the house is full of carpet so we can't. when I was in India I used to put color kolams for ponal and deepavali and for all the festivals.. I miss them lot...