1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Do you protect your skin from sun damage?

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by coolblues, Jan 3, 2013.

Do you protect your skin from sun damage?

1. I use sunscreen daily

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. I use it only on my face

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. I use only when I step out

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. I use it occasionally

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. I manage without sunscreen

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

211.jpg

A good sunscreen lotion protects your delicate skin from the harsh Ultra Violet rays of the sun. It also prevents sunburn of the skin. Doctors recommend that skin cancer can be prevented to a good extent with the use of sunscreen. Supermarket has variety of sunscreen products that can create confusion. Look for sunscreen that offers UVA and UVB protection. Sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher is known to be more effective. There are also sunscreens that are for specific skin types, skin allergies and are kid-friendly. Choose the one that meets your requirements and see what works best.

Do you protect your skin from sun damage? Take the poll

1 person likes this.

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

I remember reading /hearing somewhere that sunscreen is required daily irrespective of whether one goes out or not. that means we need to apply it though we stay indoors, is it so?

3. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

@mimur9 never heard abt that.. using sunscreen indoors :)

as the name suggests, it is mainly used when we step out of the house, to protect our skin from harsh sun rays; esp UVA&B; btw, if one's home has good amount of sun rays peeping in and one is exposed to those rays within home, will have to use sunscreen even then.

in fact, use a sunscreen even when the sky is cloudy; the harsh UV rays penetrate even through the clouds;

4. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

5. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

what does not affect the skin? right from the time we take bath with soaps/gels, to applying lotions/moisturisers, applying make up, moving out in the open places explosing skin to pollution etc etc... there are chemicals everywhere... so, does one stop doing all those activities?

btw, u should be aware that there are people out there who have a pretty sensitive skin and develop allergies to those sun rays... even if it is for a min of 5 mins... sunscreens are a like a blessing to such people

do whatever suits one's skin and body and do not forget to visit a dermatologist... no links/web pages can beat a good derma's suggestions.

1 person likes this.