1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Do you prefer a Big house or a small one or is there a just right one?

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Srama, Dec 29, 2011.

1. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

i love big house because of privacy and spacious ..... i live in 4 bedder ind house .. i totally agree as our space grows our needs grow that where the clutter starts .... so decided not to hoard over the things in our house and planned well the furniture and what goes in and goes out .... planning is required either it is small or big ....

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

So sorry about the delayed response blessbabydust - somehow just saw your response today! I agree with you - big or small, we need to be aware of what's going in and what's going out. I cannot help but smile because a lot is going out in my house - spring cleaning you see!

3. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Sabitha,

this is a topic I always ponder about. A house with one room for each person and an additional for occasional guests aerved as the right fit for me. But now being an empty nester, their rooms serve as just storage for their belongings. I am with you that a bigger house means more accumulation which I am totally not for.

I am at a point that anything that has been not used for six months goes to the donation pile. But that only applies to my stuff! Other members of the household get a nudge from me to do the same. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    I am proud to say that I hesitate a lot more these days to accumulate any objects that I can live without.

A few of my friends in similar situations as mine have offered their extra rooms to paying guests.

Must admit that the efficiency homes of 400 sq ft. that some people in Manhattan prefer sounds very nice, that way keeping it clean is a jiffy.

4. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

I need a farm-house :))- That is a "dream " of mine.. a small house with 3 bedrooms; study/library; and a formal dining room. A small flower -garden in front and a big agriculture land preferably corn-field behind .
    Everytime; I cross Pennsylvania; I get all "hyper" seeing the innumerable farms ..I feel they are so lucky to live that way. I talked to my "cosmopolitan" DH about it ; he shrugged it away "Yikes.. I cannot even imagine, six years here; still you are "naadan pennu" (country-girl).. :(

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

one of the advantages of having younger kids Usha for me is anything can go into that donation pile just because mommy said so! But I hear, I can already see possessiveness seeping in! So I will remember to nudge :)
    :thumbsup
    A few of my friends in similar situations as mine have offered their extra rooms to paying guests.

How life comes around in circle huh! I am already eyeing those condominiums at the end of the street for I long to sit quietly in a window with a book not having to worry about all that cleaning! Thank you for your inputs Usha!

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Ha ha Neetha...I hear you and I am with you! I will let you in on a secret - as much as I love the farms and the country side, I can only take it for so long. The moment I hit the highway, I can't help but feel "ah civilization". So you better start working on creating that 'farm atmosphere" in you suburban place :) and you can continue to be "naadan pennu" (ps: I am just copying your word and hopefully it is in the right context!) - nothing wrong with that! Thank you for your feedback...and aren't you taking a little holiday in the mid west - you should swing by Kentucky - I know people who own houses where in their night sky looks more spectacular than you can imagine, being what so far away from the city and all! Hope the compromised dream of a suburban farm house comes true :)

7. Mandir

Mandir Silver IL'ite

I have a 2 bed room house and a library room at home. I always see to it that all stuff in the room or kitchen is maintained properly. I finish those work and then I proceed to my office. But, every day I see to it that after reaching home the home will be very messy with books, shoes, uniforms on sofa, socks in front of TV. My son's room will be like a museum.

In my view, we should have a house, comfortable for maintaining for working ladies, whether its big or small does n't make much difference. If its a small house, maintainance is very easy. But, if we have a big house 24 X 7 we have to do this job. and there won't be any time for outings, for fun or for play.....!