1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Nominate Finest Posts?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Rihana, Mar 8, 2017.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

I usually nominate if something goes straight to the heart (and mind of course!!!) :-D I don't generally look for prize winners, but nominate anything that catches my attention. Of late been rather lazy - just one of the reasons. Not a good enough reason, but then there .....

Do I nominate posts which have already been nominated? Depends. If there are many good posts then I don't - just 'like' - so I preserve my quota for other good ones. If the choice is restricted, then I do use my votes to throw my weight behind what stands out as really deserving.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    Viswamitra likes this.
  2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Many of my posts have been nominated, and a few of them have got selected as finest posts in the past. Each time, a notification about the nominations, and the comments underneath makes my day. It encourages me to write more while validating my inner feelings about that subject.

However, I do not take my time honestly to read all the posts to see which one deserves the nomination. Some posts that speaks world wisdom doesn't entertain me.
    Since I am ruled by my heart, I could not refrain from nominating or praising some posts, which really touch my heart.
    Those will surely get nominated by me.

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

i'm so predictable, and very busy at work, not much time to lurk around :(

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@beautifullife30,

Rihana is tied up for a few days and asked me to feel free to respond to any questions that may come up in this thread as it involves FP section. FP team really value your opinion on threads written here and I personally take time to respond to each one of them carefully with the attention it deserves. There are many wonderful threads in IL spread over many forums and if you come across some and it touches your heart, please feel free to nominate. Once you start, it becomes a habit. You know this and I am preaching to a very learned person.

In my personal view, icon button kills the personal touch that one shows by taking the effort to nominate in FP section. Every writer takes pain to share her thoughts with the intent to benefit others and by showing this courtesy of nomination, we show our respect to her contributions.

Thank you for taking the time to respond here.

Viswa

ashima10 and beautifullife30 like this.
  5. Viswamitra

@justanothergirl,

You know now that every thread in any IL forum is eligible to be nominated. You have yourself made great contributions throughout IL in various forums. JAG, you have a great reputation and many friends here and your opinion about a Finest Post would carry a lot of value if it is given with your comments why you liked it. Many will rush to read it. Yes, like button type nomination will make it easy but when a writer sees a person nominating her post through that extra effort, how special she would feel! You being a technologist yourself, would know the effort involved in transferring the comments to the relevant forum through additional coding. Let us say somehow that option was made available and everyone makes a one liner recommendation for hundreds of threads, FP moderator will have full-time job answering all of them. The present system works well and it needs to be enhanced a little bit more so that more threads are nominated. That is the objective of this thread, if I read @Rihana's mind right.

Viswa

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  6. Viswamitra

@madras2018

Your response was very practical. Time is always very limited for all of us. However, when you find time and read something interesting, take that extra minute to nominate it to the FP section. I know you did some invaluable nominations and your effort is already appreciated much.

Viswa

7. Viswamitra

@SGBV,

I full understand that no one will have time to read every thread to find which is the best. However, whatever your heart felt as good to read, you can nominate them as and when possible. Thank you for already doing that.

Viswa

8. Viswamitra

@JustAnotherMom

I understand your time limitations. If members don't have too much time, at least we welcome them to read some threads and have fun reading them. There is no compulsion that every member should nominate. If I understand correct, @Rihana's intention is to encourage more nominations.

Viswa

JustAnotherMom likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Dear Satchi,

You ruled the FP section for years based on excellent nominations and your own contributions being nominated by many. No wonder ILites named you "FP Queen".

I can understand your intention to reserve your quota option for other good threads. :)

Viswa

10. GuideMe

GuideMe Senior IL'ite

-You have a hazy idea of Finest Posts but don’t really understand how it works?

This is the main reason as far as I am concerned. This makes the Finest Posts seem like a distant concept, and it does not even occur to me to nominate it. I have had a few instances, that I agreed with the poster so strongly, that my DH caught me nodding my head vehemently. Those are posts that I would have ideally nominated.

the idea of "nomination button" with a "comment box" will resolve that problem. Of course, I don't know the technical aspects of getting this done as @Viswamitra sir said.

Viswamitra likes this.