do you get pain in belly button in 9th week of pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by srilatha86, Feb 14, 2012.

1. srilatha86

srilatha86 New IL'ite

do you get pain near belly button at night in 9th week of pregnancy?

2. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

I didnt get it , I just had lower abdomen pain.

3. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Congrats on your pregnancy!!

I think it should be bcoz of body heat...try eating foods that cause less heat n drink a lot of milk. Also try applying castor oil on ur belly button...helps with the heat n pain.

1 person likes this.
  4. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Dear Srilatha,

As the baby grows your body makes space for its growing size by a process called diastalsis where the abdominal muscles move away from each other leaving the centre part of the abdomen unsupported causing pain mostly of a nature that is similar to a stretch.

For me to give you a correct answer online I will require examining you and a brief history about a lot of other factors like.

 Are you very lean and petite?
     Have you had any other surgeries on the abdominal wall?
     Is your abdominal wall tight because you have been very fit and have a firm abs?
     Are you abdominal wall flabby and weak?
     On coughing and sneezing is there pain or stretch
     Does the area around the belly button pop up?

Please check that up with your obstetrician definitely and kindly get her clearance because it is not possible for me to conclude correctly without examining and knowing these factors. She is the best person to answer this question. On her clearance you will get your answer.

Never the less, make it a practice to place your hands on that area and support your abdominal wall while you turn in bed, get up from the chair and cough and sneeze. Take care to have frequent regular meals to avoid acidity and flatus that will further cause stretching of the abdominal wall. It is always advisable for pregnant women to avoid lifting unnecessary weight from the level beyond your knee to prevent straining the back and abs further.

Take Care
    God Bless…

Love
    Rakhi

5. sankarivenkat

sankarivenkat Junior IL'ite

Hi srilatha,
    Congrats on ur pregnancy....Well we are sailing in the same boat.Im in my 10th week. i too had a similar problem in my 8th to 9th week.I checked with my doc and she told like initial days a lot of blood will be flowing towards the baby for its growth ,so there might be some pressure difference which we will be feeling as a pain..Its quite normal n it has nothing to worry..Moreever since its my first pregnancy ,she told that we will be very cautious and even slight change will make us worry as this s our first experience...She asked me to eat well ,...so nothing to worry..just relax....Now im alrite...sometimes i feel that prick if im not eating on time...Have a happy pregnancy...:cheers