Do you believe that......Poll for 13th August 2006 to 19th August 2006

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Aug 13, 2006.

Do you believe that cooldrinks manufactured in India are infected with pesticides?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Can't say

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

The Print media and all the news channels in India are going wild with the reports about the pesticides found in the so called soft drinks manufactured in India.

There are jokes about farmers using the socalled pepsis and colas as pesticides in their farm.
    Yet another joke is that a home maker asking her servant maid to use pepsis in the refrigerator to clean up the toilet.

Jokes apart doctors are all sending warning signals about the adversities of such drinks.
    We had a thread in our very own IL about this burning issue started by Jasmine , refer:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2850

With so much of awareness campaigns against these drinks, let us take this week's poll on this issue.

Come ladies cast your vote and do tell us how you take this issue with your kids and the next generation..

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

My son used to feel like drinking the bottled drinks when he was a kid. But I slowly made him understand the importance of having a good food habit. And thanks to God, he is very sensible and has developed a healthy eating habit. I feel that we should not make our children take such drinks and make them take natural food.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Kerala experience

In my home state Kerala, Pepsi and Cola have been banned for now. The controversy has been going on for a long time thanks to sincere and educative efforts by persons like Dr Thomas Issac who is a famous economist and minister. Even two years back, alternatives like coconut water, nannari sherbet, lime juice and other fruit juices were propogated in a large scale. Kerala University was made a soft drink free zone. All efforts paid off finally.