1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do You All Celebrate Birthday Party "every Year "?

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by anika987, Dec 18, 2016.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Till what age you celebrate?how grand?or do you just call family/go to temple and celebrate within yourselves??

2. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

On my and DH birthdays every year...we just go out to a good restaurant with kids and enjoy a good dinner. There are some temples in Delhi with good eating facilities...such as Akshardham temple..ISKCON Temple etc....so sometimes we go there too.

anika987 likes this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Oh sorry dear.I meant birthday for the kids...left out the most important part of the question lol :))

KashmirFlower likes this.
  4. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

:)
    It's my daughter's b'day today and she too loves to be just with family...
    Younger one however loves to celebrate bday at home every year with friends..balloons...music n dance...lots of masti :)

Sandycandy, coolgal123 and anika987 like this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Happy birthday to your DD!!may god bless her with all the happiness in her life:)

dc24 likes this.
  6. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

No not every year. We have decided to celebrate milestone birthdays i.e first birthday, 5th, 10th and 15th/16th birthday.

I feel celebrating it every year is little wasteful. But we do have some get-together with friends and family on or after birthday. Like this year on my son's 3rd birthday it was Diwali so we had Diwali party accompanied with musical house concert. We didn't mention anywhere it was my son's birthday. Those who already knew they just wished and someone from the group went and bought a cake impromptu.

IniyaaSri and anika987 like this.
  7. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot dear...
    It really feel very nice when someone blesses the kids abundantly.
    May God bless your DD too.
    Thanks once again.

anika987 likes this.
  8. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

It is a personal choice.

Both of my kids (6 and 3+) loves to celebrate their birthdays in a grand manner. They love the idea of balloon decor, cake, party items, dress and invitees. So, every year we go about having a special theme of their choice, and celebrate the event in full fledged. We invite family (both my and my H's parents, siblings and their families, and a few of our relatives who lives in the same locality as us) neighbors and kid's friends (School or nursery friends with their parents). So around 50-100 members would be participating each time.

We had similar childhood. However, I've stopped celebrating my b'day since I've got married. In fact, it has a strong reason which is not relevant here.
    But I do celebrate my H's and mom's B'day grandly. We cut the cake, invite close relatives and family, cook special food or order meals from restaurant, simple balloon or other decor for the cake cutting event.

For my B'day, my H usually take me out to a restaurant and order special food and we visit church and then for a movie with family.

sindmani and anika987 like this.
  9. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

No, we do not celebrate each birthday. We did the first birthday. Then the second one just the 3 of us at home, cut a cake and blow candles. The third birthday, her school hosted a date night, so we cut cake/blew candles at home (just us again). We then dropped off DD and enjoyed our date night.

The 4th one, we are planning to keep, because DD has attended a few consecutive birthdays and has started to ask when is her birthday and she wants to go to birthdays!! So we are planning to keep two separate ones, one for school friends and one for family friends.

We decided not to accept gifts this year and planning to ask attendees to donate to WWF or the Sierra Club, as DD loves animals and nature. DD is fine with this too.

Cooks,

anika987 likes this.
  10. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

Yes, I would want to celebrate my kid's birthdays every year. So far, it's only been 2 birthdays so I am not saturated yet. But, I am planning to celebrate every year. My parents celebrated my birthday until high school, so yes I would like to continue that tradition with my kids :cheer:

sindmani and anika987 like this.