do you all agree with this...?? give your opinion

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by ambika ananth, Sep 9, 2005.

1. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

In her childhood a woman wants love and protection

In her teens, a woman wants excitement

In her 20s, a woman wants romance

In her 30s, a woman wants appreciation

In her 40s, a woman wants sympathy

in her 50s, a woman wants CASH....

Do you all agree with this assessment..?? I want to hear from all of you...there is one main thing which is missing in the list....try to give your option...

ambika

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

may be the 20/30 of age right but differ when 40

dear ambika,

i have never thought that woman need sypathy, but understanding is another word for it....the ordeal of menopause setting in and she is irritated abt everything not able to cope with the usual demand of husband expecting smiles and children longing to be pampered.....and by the time she is 50 she needs a lot of care and understanding again....as most r lucky with some unlucky not to have a bank balance as the children and hubby darling says what u need cash for we r there for ur needs....but yes a good bank balance leaves her proud to handle all situation...and here mind u she needs cash to help her grand child or children as their needs r more....what with running around like dogs they have forgotton their dreams and for it to come true they say they need cash
    which they reimburse ......and the little fingers longing for chocolates is another dream of 50's u want to save and have a say of matter and even a 40yr old son enjoys a 500to 5000 for his birthday or anniversary...so she needs for that of course if none to help.... it will tide her thru any emergency of medical help....hope my views r right..regards..sunkan

3. ambika ananth

good analysis

Very good analysis Sunkan. True, as you said, a woman doesn't need 'sympathy' but 'empathy' and understanding at every stage of her life.
    At 40, when women go through physical and emotional changes at the onset of menopause, a time called Peri-Menopause, she becomes very sensitive and high strung....that's the most crucial time in a woman's life, where she requires loving attention and empathy.
    Economic freedom is a very important aspect too, right from the very beginning of her womanhood.
    All through her life, a woman would want 'emotional security' ...a feeling of being loved and cared for.

ambika

4. bharthi

bharthi Junior IL'ite

Ambika,

Companionship! Was that the one?

Bharthi

------------
    Sunkan, can I make a request to you? I am really not able to understand your message. I can see that you are trying to cut down on typing time, but in the absence of full sentences, it is difficult to decipher your message. If you can take a few minutes to write full sentences, your message will be received by the reader. Only a request! Thanks.

5. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

I havent reached my thirties yet. But so far in my experience i feel that ur assessment is partially right. I am of the view that the needs u have mentioned only sum up . I mean to say that a woman needs the love and protection even in her teens, its just summed up with excitement. So my equation would look like this

In her childhood she needs love and protection.

In her teenage she needs excitement but she still needs love and protection .

In her 20s she needs love, excitement and also romance.

i think the same will go on in her 30's, 40's and so on. I donno if everyone feels the same way.

Ambika one thing i think missing from the assessment is RESPECT. At every point in our life we need to be respected.

6. ambika ananth

not mine...

Dear Prathi

I have not written this one ...just posted it as I found it interesting and thought provoking. I wanted to see how many new aspects, each of us can add to it....and already three are added- COMPANIONSHIP, RESPECT, EMOTIONAL SECURITY..

let us see how many more will get added...we being women, can see, understand and contribute to the snippet many many more views.

Thanks
    ambika

7. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

what woman want.............

Dear Ambika,

That was a thought provoking assignment. I was traveling during weekend still my mind was pondering over this subject continuously..

I have just penned down my thoughts...

A woman needs RESPECT, LOVE, SECURITY (FINANCIAL, SOCIAL & EMOTIONAL), COMPANIONSHIP, and FRIENDSHIP all her life.

The way of expressing & experiencing the same, and the people with whom she shares it might vary at different stages. LOVE is a feeling she first experiences at home – with parents, brothers, friends, etc. It takes a different turn after marriage. Here the love starts from excitement at the twenties, to sex and romance (physical) and matures into a very strong emotional bond. The LOVE she shares with children born out of the love shared with her Husband is a Motherly LOVE that of caring and protection.

A Woman feels secure when she has her family around her. When the major Financial & Social security is given by Husband; the children too give her all the support. But it’s the children who give her the EMOTIONAL SECURITY – when she sees them settled well and when they reciprocate the love and care she showered on them, during her old age.

Talking of companionship, the Husband has a different role to play in her life. From an exciting friend to a mad lover to a dutiful husband and finally a companion OR should I say SOUL MATE. The role varies and the woman expects this companion around till she dies.

Friendship is another special relationship, which stays with her all thru. It can be a childhood friend who grows along with you and shares that bond till the end. OR could be people she meets at different stages of life . But this relationship is equally important as all other though this never relates to your family. Sometimes this relationship tends to have a crucial role than others.

I feel Friendship is what is missing in the list..

8. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

How about this....

Dear Ambika,

This is another way of looking at it.........

In her childhood a woman wants - LOVE AND PROTECTION

In her teens, a woman wants A GOOD ADVISE TO NOT TO SCREW UP THE GIVEN LIFE

In her 20s, a woman wants LOVE & ROMANCE AND A FRIEND OR A PARTNER WHO CAN UNDERSTAND THAT!

In her 30s, a woman wants RESPECT (NOW THAT SHE'S A MOTHER)

In her 40s, a woman wants STABILITY & FREEDOM (TO CHASE HER DREAM WHICH WAS SIDE-LINED DUE TO OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES)

In her 50s, a woman wants HEALTH TO CARRY ON WITH HER NEW FOUND HOBBY, WORK, ETC.

In her 60s, a woman wants POWER OF KNOWLEDGE TO SIT BACK AND ENJOY THE BUILT UP LIFE AND TO BE ABLE TO ACCEPT THE OLD AGE!
    ALSO THE POWER TO STAY AS A GRAND LADY OF THE HOUSE. (THIS IS THE STAGE SHE BECOMES A MOTHER-IN-LAW )

1 person likes this.
  9. ambika ananth

thanks

Dear Meena
    Thanks for investing time and energetic thought-filled moments and coming up with nice response...

I am also thinking of too many options ...I think a woman's life is so vast and all-encompassing...it can be a cornucopia of many facets and aspects.

thanks
    ambika

Last edited: Sep 12, 2005
    1 person likes this.
  10. durga

durga New IL'ite

Fulfilment Is The Word!

hi ambika,

This definitely is a thought provoking one for every daughter, mother and mother-in-law as the laws of relationships are applied at every stage of her life...according to me, when a woman attains 50, she should award herself with a feeling of completeness as she has passed all the above stages in life...

So FULFILMENT is the word...

love,
    durga