Do you agree making friends in Dubai is difficult?

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Dubai' started by Poonam_rr, Mar 24, 2009.

1. bharti

bharti Silver IL'ite

hi ppl..... nice to see all u guys so active out there.....

m a newly wed just moved to dubai a week back... was just surfing to find if there was a indian community or something where i can make friends..... and got indus ladies as a platform....... nice to see all ur posts and may be can meet all u wonderful ppl out there sometime......

we are currently in a temp. accomodation so not sure where we land up eventually...... but will surely make to meet up some time.... after reading all the posts i feel - meeting often or not, atleast will have some good friends out here!!!

looking forward making loads of frenz..... and hoping to complete my 50 posts so that i can get in touch with you all at the earliest!!!

2. radhasel

radhasel New IL'ite

hi Ilites,
    i hv been stayng n dubai for 1 yr. bfore i used to come hre for two months vacation only, but now after stayng hre, i too felt tht same thng...i dnt hv friends hre...dnt think frnds am not gng out frm flat, near by only talal...i used to go daily to get keerai..to drop my daughter n bus...so several tmes am gng out ...but wen sme one cmng wth me n lift means only bitter smile many tmes...
    really am frustrated initially...but now got adjusted....fully engaging myself n hse...am n qusais...hope IL frnds wl meet soon..

3. Anitha27

Anitha27 Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    as you said its really difficult making friends here. you can say Hi and bye kind. I think it will take some time(may b yrs) to make good friends here.
    All the best for you in finding good friends.

Till then keep posting and make your self bsy.

bye and tc
    Anitha

4. linaanup

linaanup Junior IL'ite

Hi,

I also agree completely ...Ppl here are interested only in their own business..We were in Saudi before..So I came here with lots of expectations of making friends...But I find it even harder compared to KSA..Anyways I will keep my tries on

5. Rakhs

Rakhs New IL'ite

Hi..I don't agree with you.Its not difficult to make friends.Depends how out going and friendly you are.For making friends,u need to meet ppl and talk to them.In 6 mths,I have made around 10-12 friends through IL.There are a lot of meet ups like Coffee Meet up,Kitty.I am sure u must be having something of that sort in your area too.You need to give it a try.If you think that people will come from the front and then talk to you,then you are wrong.Who knows the other person is also thinking the same.That ways u can never make any friends.If u get time,u can also do volunteer work.In a year I have made so many friends now that it becomes difficult for me to entertain everyone.

Hope you find some friends soon..

6. iamkashish

iamkashish New IL'ite

Scared after reading your post.

Willing to shift next month .

7. swethaa

swethaa New IL'ite

hii telugu friends !!
    just waiting to form one group
    anyone intersted for masti time letz get in to group ❤️❤️masti for shopping , chitchat , get together , pooja celebration and lot of things !!

8. Neetu2323

Neetu2323 Senior IL'ite

hello poonam
    I am in a similar situation right now..
    how did you overcome that phase??

9. Neetu2323

Neetu2323 Senior IL'ite

Hello Shwetha
    are you here in Dubai ?/
    I am looking for a friend

10. Neetu2323

Neetu2323 Senior IL'ite